Need rabbit help ASAP

I just took a look at it run, I didn’t find much, except for what I believe to be the problem. I found a goat head plant. You know, one of those plants with the spiny seeds? According to the Internet, the leaves are toxic to animals. When I picked the plant, she tried to eat it. As if she was addicted to it.

Don’t know if that’s the problem or not.
I’ve never heard of that. Can you post a pic? I want to make sure I don’t have any.

4EB10750-09BD-465A-AC42-C9C18640125E.jpeg
Apologies for the late reply, had a lot of things going on. This is a goat head plant.

She actually has been a little lethargic. Sometimes she moves around a LOT, but only for a short while, then she lays down and takes a nap. She does this a lot.

I think she’s just getting old and slowing down.

She actually has been a little lethargic. Sometimes she moves around a LOT, but only for a short while, then she lays down and takes a nap. She does this a lot.

I think she’s just getting old and slowing down.
Yeah, whatever happened likely knocked her for a loop, too.

I have found the source of what happened.

There is a weed growing all over my backyard. After doing some research, I discovered it to be common mallow. According to a website I did research on, common mallow is a plant that can have a high nitrate content under the right conditions. I found out that she’s been chewing on those common mallow plants sometimes.

I think my poor rabbit is suffering from nitrate poisoning.

I need to bring her inside, I don’t want her chewing on any more of those weeds.

Back
Top Bottom