Need Small And Hideable Coop Plans

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chickenrandomness, Sep 13, 2009.

1. I need a coop that could be moved easliy, easy to hide in a back yard with no bushes or hardly any trees, and i need one that could hold up to 3 standered chickens. Thanks![​IMG]

2. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
  3. yeah i've seen them all over, BUT! i need plans cause pre built coops are too expensive, but if you find one for about $150 let me know.

4. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

You might also try Craig's List. Sometimes you can find a real bargin from folks moving from a small to a larger size coop. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  5. craigs list is ok, but i never find anything i'm looking for in my price range.[​IMG]

6. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

How about a kids plastic playhouse? They are cheap on craigslist, and anyone who saw it would think it was a kids playhouse. Here were a couple threads where folks were converting them to coops. I used to have one for my kids, and it is light because my 6 year old son would drag it around the yard! Around here they sell on craigslist for $40 to $70. You can find them cheaper at yard sales.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177454

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=227712

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    You could make a small one using a trash can with a broomstick for a roost to house just a couple of birds.

8. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I can't believe how adorable these are! And a great way to recycle. Our wooden playhouse was revived into a chicken coop, but I can see how the little tykes style would work too.

9. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

Quote:Well I dont know bout a broomstick...depends on the size of the bird. I know my 2 full grown EE hens couldnt sit on a broomstick if you paid them to. They are not the most graceful you see lol but i love them... my big girls! Now banties may be better suited for that tho, just my opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by