Need some advice

JacquiJ

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 29, 2012
Ok, so currently we only have one silkie (literally only one bird.lol). My husband agreed she needs a friend so I am getting another silkie from a friend. He said no other birds after that until I graduate from UGA in May. Anyways, I am going to the show in Newnan, GA on the 16th and there is going to be a great silkie breeder, Bobbi Porto, there selling show quality juvenile splash silkies (my dream silkie) for great prices. So, do things like this happen often enough where I shouldn't feel like a missed oppetunity to own a quality show bird? Or should I get one and just apologize later? I'm so conflicted!!!

Ok, so currently we only have one silkie (literally only one bird.lol). My husband agreed she needs a friend so I am getting another silkie from a friend. He said no other birds after that until I graduate from UGA in May. Anyways, I am going to the show in Newnan, GA on the 16th and there is going to be a great silkie breeder, Bobbi Porto, there selling show quality juvenile splash silkies (my dream silkie) for great prices. So, do things like this happen often enough where I shouldn't feel like a missed oppetunity to own a quality show bird? Or should I get one and just apologize later? I'm so conflicted!!!

I think it's close enough to May.
frow.gif

Do something nice for him in return? Surely he'd understand that you need your dream bird right? :) The other possibility **possible spoiler alert** is that he's thinking about a graduation present?

Well graduation present is out because we have been planning a cruise for then. I'm hoping I can convince him this isn't an opportunity that comes around very often and I NEED one!!lol

Good luck! I am good at getting more and apologizing later....chicken math always strikes!!

Like when my lonely drake needed a couple girl friends. No one in the area raises them so I had to order day olds and to make my minimum I also "had" to order more chickens and then since it was a small order I also recieved 10 packing peanuts. See it was out of my hands haha

Good Luck! You are over half way to May and maybe a new bird would help with your stress level.
highfive.gif

Good luck!  I am good at getting more and apologizing later....chicken math always strikes!! 

Like when my lonely drake needed a couple girl friends.  No one in the area raises them so I had to order day olds and to make my minimum I also "had" to order more chickens and then since it was a small order I also recieved 10 packing peanuts.  See it was out of my hands haha

Good Luck! You are over half way to May and maybe a new bird would help with your stress level. :highfive:

I like the way you think!!

In case anyone was wondering I went ahead and bit the bullet and had a long conversation with the husband. Needless to say, we now have THREE beautiful silkies! Including our new splash pullet!!

Well, I admire your self control. Because I would have come home with more than ONE silkie.... I know because last spring I went to the feed store with a List and a Plan to get six pullets....somehow I ended up with sixteen!

Last edited:
Hahaha! Six... Sixteen... Close enough! I wish we had the space for a bunch more!!

Back
Top Bottom