Need some advice

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JacquiJ, Jan 30, 2013.

1. JacquiJ

JacquiJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, so currently we only have one silkie (literally only one bird.lol). My husband agreed she needs a friend so I am getting another silkie from a friend. He said no other birds after that until I graduate from UGA in May. Anyways, I am going to the show in Newnan, GA on the 16th and there is going to be a great silkie breeder, Bobbi Porto, there selling show quality juvenile splash silkies (my dream silkie) for great prices. So, do things like this happen often enough where I shouldn't feel like a missed oppetunity to own a quality show bird? Or should I get one and just apologize later? I'm so conflicted!!!

2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's close enough to May. [​IMG]

3. Pinky Macgyver

Pinky Macgyver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2012
    Do something nice for him in return? Surely he'd understand that you need your dream bird right? :) The other possibility **possible spoiler alert** is that he's thinking about a graduation present?

4. JacquiJ

Sep 29, 2012
    Well graduation present is out because we have been planning a cruise for then. I'm hoping I can convince him this isn't an opportunity that comes around very often and I NEED one!!lol

5. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck! I am good at getting more and apologizing later....chicken math always strikes!!

Like when my lonely drake needed a couple girl friends. No one in the area raises them so I had to order day olds and to make my minimum I also "had" to order more chickens and then since it was a small order I also recieved 10 packing peanuts. See it was out of my hands haha

Good Luck! You are over half way to May and maybe a new bird would help with your stress level. [​IMG]

6. JacquiJ

Sep 29, 2012
    I like the way you think!!

7. JacquiJ

Sep 29, 2012
    In case anyone was wondering I went ahead and bit the bullet and had a long conversation with the husband. Needless to say, we now have THREE beautiful silkies! Including our new splash pullet!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    Well, I admire your self control. Because I would have come home with more than ONE silkie.... I know because last spring I went to the feed store with a List and a Plan to get six pullets....somehow I ended up with sixteen!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  9. JacquiJ

Sep 29, 2012
    Hahaha! Six... Sixteen... Close enough! I wish we had the space for a bunch more!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by