Need some help hooking up my digital humidistat

northdakotaoutfitting.com

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2011
I recently bought a mh13001 humidity controller that’s 110v from eBay for my new homemade incubator and in having some trouble hooking it up for some reason. I’m also using a mypid heat controller. So the first thing I have done is take my power and run it to my pid then from my pid I pigtailed power wires from my humidistat to the pid controller and it turns on like it should. I’m having problems getting the humidistat to kick in and out. How I want it to work is by having the humidistat kick on an outlet that I want to wire up so I can just plug in my humidifier and once the humidistat kicks in it energizes the outlet which turns on my dehumidifier.

Here is the humidistat I bought
Here is the pid
Thank you

To me it sounds like you have some settings wrong on your humidistat.
There is a hot and cold setting on there as well. I drew a diagram from what I understand. Hope it helps I highlighted some wires so that you know which side is separate from the other.

To me it sounds like you have some settings wrong on your humidistat.
There is a hot and cold setting on there as well. I drew a diagram from what I understand. Hope it helps I highlighted some wires so that you know which side is separate from the other.
I don’t see a diagram in your post. Thank you

FECEB8CA-6C56-486A-8BF1-9C274237E99B.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
FECEB8CA-6C56-486A-8BF1-9C274237E99B.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 3
  • ECBE6044-FEB6-42BD-9928-8133B37F389E.png
    ECBE6044-FEB6-42BD-9928-8133B37F389E.png
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 3
Well i still don’t get power to my outlet. I seen a YouTube video where it says pins 1&4 need to be jumped. Do you think that is correct? I might need a new humidistat because the one time I hooked it up and turned it on we had sparks lol but it still works like it did before

If u have #3 and# 2 connected and then jump #1 and #4 with out anything using the power, that’s an instant short so don’t do that.
image.jpg

You need a wire(purple in pic) to go from the 110v power to #2 then another wire but still purple in pic from #1 to one side of the outlet.
Then the pink from the other side of the 110v power from #4 to the other side of the outlet.

#1 and #2 is basically just a switch.
Hope this helps!

If u have #3 and# 2 connected and then jump #1 and #4 with out anything using the power, that’s an instant short so don’t do that.View attachment 1242345

You need a wire(purple in pic) to go from the 110v power to #2 then another wire but still purple in pic from #1 to one side of the outlet.
Then the pink from the other side of the 110v power from #4 to the other side of the outlet.

#1 and #2 is basically just a switch.
Hope this helps!

Try hooking up a light bulb or something that you trust works to test it.

Back
Top Bottom