Need Some Help with Freestanding Fencing

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
We live in a mobile home, in a mobile home site with other people. A couple of people let their dogs run free, for the most part the dogs are fine and mess free. However they can sometimes scare the quail and open our rubbish bags, so we are looking for a way to stop them getting in.

——————————————
| Neighbours...................|
——————————————
| Garden..........................|
| Area...............................|
—————————————
| Us..................................|
——————————————

We want this green area to be where the fencing goes, however we do not want to damage the neighbours caravan. The difficulty is that we are on bricks and are not allowed to drill into them so cannot just dig up some dirt or anything. We would like the purple one to be our gate that we can lock.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, in fact we are very up for using that orange plastic fencing but I think I'm just too tired to think of a solution as to how to make it freestanding for us. The cheaper, the better, we are not fussed by how it looks so long as it is functional and holds up to wind as we're in windy England.

Thanks so much

20220612_093844.jpg

20220612_093859.jpg

Those concrete footer blocks are an excellent shout, thank you! PVC fence and gate actually looks amazing but idk if I'm looking in the wrong place, but PVC is expensive for what it is?

Maybe dog kennels? At least in the USA, there are some that have big panels with a metal frame and wire mesh or chainlink fence in that frame. They often come in a set of 4 panels, one with a gate and three without. If you get several sets, you can put them together in any arrangement you want. They stand up nicely as long as you have enough corners (long straight stretches might wobble.)

They tend to be fairly expensive, but they are sturdy and last a long time. I do not know whether they would be more or less expensive than the other options you can find, since right now everything seems to be expensive!

Here are two sites with pictures of the kind I mean:
https://www.atwoods.com/davis-gates-wire-chain-link-complete-dog-kennel-6-ft-x-8-ft-x-4-ft.html
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...able-kennel-10-ft-l-x-5-ft-w-x-6-ft-h-1125564
(Neither is in your country, so those are just to give an idea of what these things look like: big metal panels that hook together at the edges with fasteners.)

Since right now everything seems to be expensive!
Jeez ain't that the truth! It's not just the UK that is suffering?! I've never been so happy that I don't drive with these petrol prices!!

Maybe dog kennels? At least in the USA, there are some that have big panels with a metal frame and wire mesh or chainlink fence in that frame. They often come in a set of 4 panels, one with a gate and three without. If you get several sets, you can put them together in any arrangement you want. They stand up nicely as long as you have enough corners (long straight stretches might wobble.)

They tend to be fairly expensive, but they are sturdy and last a long time. I do not know whether they would be more or less expensive than the other options you can find, since right now everything seems to be expensive!

Here are two sites with pictures of the kind I mean:
https://www.atwoods.com/davis-gates-wire-chain-link-complete-dog-kennel-6-ft-x-8-ft-x-4-ft.html
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...able-kennel-10-ft-l-x-5-ft-w-x-6-ft-h-1125564
(Neither is in your country, so those are just to give an idea of what these things look like: big metal panels that hook together at the edges with fasteners.)
This is a cool idea actually I remember seeing something similar with greenhouses which use those metal pipes (look similar to pvc pipes) so maybe those could do what you mean. I did say price was no object but I was measuring up yesterday and I think I will be eating my words several times over lol

Back
Top Bottom