Need some support

Okie dokie, here's what's hatching this week and next week:

This week: a few brahmas and several of my own little bantam eggs from my own coop (most likely to be mutts w/ a possibility of a few frizzle cochins and pure silkies)

Next week:

Salmon Faverolles - 6 are developing nicely
Welsummers - 4 are fertile - hard to tell development because of egg color
Buttercups - 2 but as their new to me I'll be possessive of those cuties
Buff Orp's - only 3 are developing

I'll keep you posted as they hatch.

Julie

Quote:
Awww, I'm gonna look up the ones hatching next week as the only ones I'm familiar with are the Buff Orp's. Must be fun to hatch these little guys yourself.

Quote:
They are soooo cute! Let me ask you, if I get these guys and I end up with a few roos what do I do with them if I don't want them? I know most people aren't looking for Roosters, but do you think it would be really hard to find them a home? That is the only thing I worry about.

Oh I am really in love with the Faverolles!!! Just read up on them. Great layers. I think I'd go for these guys and the buff's for sure.

If I want to end up with five hens (maybe six if I really can't control myself) would you recommend taking four of each? Gives me 50/50 odds...I'm no gambler though
smile.png

Well, Since I only have 3 BO's and 6 Salmon Faverolles, I'm going to suggest you start a little slower. They are hatching next week and I've never had a 100% hatch rate except for my Brahmas. I'll keep you posted though.

Julie

Hi Must Be Losing It-

I have some happy news. My Mom actually found someone in town who sells chicks regularly. I contacted her last night and she had a whole bunch to choose from. So I went ahead and purchased 4 females (2 Golden Comets, 1 Black Sexlinked, 1 Ameraucana) plus one White Silkie and one Belgium Quail Antwerp (sex unknown). She said if any turn out to be roosters she'd take them back but it sounds like a White Silkie Roo wouldn't' be too bad and I might even keep if it turns out to be male.

This woman literally lives around the corner from my house. I cannot believe my luck. The chicks are all three weeks old and I will be bringing them home in a week (so I can set up my Chick Inn).

I wanted to thank you so much for your very generous offer to drive out and meet me with some of your new hatches. It was a rough week and it was very encouraging to have someone make such a generous offer.
big_smile.png

Soon as my babies come home I'll be sure to post some pictures. They are SOOO cute!

Here are some shots I took with my phone..not the best but...

3370412602_76a089f8d9.jpg
Golden Commets & if you look carefully you'll see some Black Sexlinks

3369589429_7d0606cc52.jpg
Ameraucana & Belgium Quail Antwerp

3370412334_72d438348a.jpg
White Silkie & Belgium Quail Antwerp

I'm in love!

Back
Top Bottom