Need to find home for My Pekin Ducks

SAM1646

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Washington Twp, Mi
I live in Romeo Michigan and I love my ducks, they are approx 6 months old, but winter is coming and I put them in the chicken coop with the silkies and they are just not happy. I cant let them free range to much anymore since I am having a problem with my HOA and they need a nice place to roam and swim. If anyone can help me I just want them to go to a good home and not the dinner table.

Thanks

Shelley

You could post this in the duck thread to see if you get more response.

How many Pekin ducks? I have put my 30 ducks with my 30 chickens. We just finished the run outside that is next to where I intended the ducks to sleep- but because they had to go in with the chickens in their sleep spot while we were finishing things I have just decided that they are fine with the chickens. I feed them in the chicken/sleep area and have one spot in the "duck" spot where I water (and it does get messy). And I water outside in their run. So far it is working and hopefully it will still work in the winter.

Sent you a PM.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
Well I brought these babies home tonight. The kids are really happy about their new buddies. I put down bedding in their kennel when we got home. We filled up a concrete mixing tub and the smaller one had a nice bath. They had a some strawberries and cantaloupe, tried to add us to the bottom of their pecking order (most amusing). The bigger of the two tried to jump on my 4 year old's back! I used the advice of some duck people and gave them a gentle hold at the end of the bill and said "no". They got the idea pretty quick. They complain quite alot when i go into the kennel to bother them but quiet down as soon as I sit. They have very distinct personalities which can be seen right away. The kids each picked their favorite and didn't have to fight about it either.
big_smile.png

So far, even though they are still nervous, we're enjoying them. We are waiting to get the yard marked for a privacy fence so they are hanging out in the basement in a kennel. I will post pics tomorrow for their previous mommy of their new hangout. Yay, Ducks!

Back
Top Bottom