Need to know what breed this is...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Shannys Girls, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Shannys Girls

Shannys Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2013
    South Texas Coast
    [​IMG]

This bird is 3 weeks old today and I think it's a male. What do you think he is? Ideal Poultry put 7 of these in with the females I ordered, "for warmth during delivery". Thanks for the help!

2. GarthRyan

GarthRyan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2013
    White leghorn and he does look male.

2 people like this.
  3. Shannys Girls

Jul 20, 2013
    South Texas Coast
    Is this an EE or an Ameraucana? [​IMG][/IMG]

4. YlwBrchHobbyFrm

YlwBrchHobbyFrm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2013
    Minnesota
    Easter Egger. I received these exact chicks from Ideal poultry (of course they were sold as Americaucanas). I recently did a post on the easy ways to determine the differences in a broken-down, as simple as possible version, if you're interested:

http://yellowbirchhobbyfarm.blogspot.com/2013/10/breed-focus-araucanaameraucanaeaster.html

From your big hatcheries (and most of the small ones), you will probably always receive Easter Eggers. You can really only get true Ameraucanas and Araucanas from prviate breeders (and they cost more money too). But to me, it doesn't really matter- they're all so beautiful and lay gorgeous eggs! :) I love my EE!!

1 person likes this.
  5. YlwBrchHobbyFrm

YlwBrchHobbyFrm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2013
    Minnesota
    Here are some before and after pictures of what I got, just so you know what you have to look forward to! I though that since they all looked the same as chicks, then they would all look the same as they got older. Nope! All so different! How fun that is :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Shannys Girls

Jul 20, 2013
    South Texas Coast
    Wow! They do look so different from each other. So beautiful though. I don't care if they are considered mutts. They are the prettiest of any kind of mutt I have ever seen. ( :
    This makes me very excited to see what mine turn out like. Thanks!

7. Shannys Girls

Jul 20, 2013
    South Texas Coast
    Do you know how I can find out if this berry on my tree is harmful to the chicks?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by