Need to know what breed this is...

Shannys Girls

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 20, 2013
South Texas Coast

This bird is 3 weeks old today and I think it's a male. What do you think he is? Ideal Poultry put 7 of these in with the females I ordered, "for warmth during delivery". Thanks for the help!

Easter Egger. I received these exact chicks from Ideal poultry (of course they were sold as Americaucanas). I recently did a post on the easy ways to determine the differences in a broken-down, as simple as possible version, if you're interested:

http://yellowbirchhobbyfarm.blogspot.com/2013/10/breed-focus-araucanaameraucanaeaster.html

From your big hatcheries (and most of the small ones), you will probably always receive Easter Eggers. You can really only get true Ameraucanas and Araucanas from prviate breeders (and they cost more money too). But to me, it doesn't really matter- they're all so beautiful and lay gorgeous eggs! :) I love my EE!!

Here are some before and after pictures of what I got, just so you know what you have to look forward to! I though that since they all looked the same as chicks, then they would all look the same as they got older. Nope! All so different! How fun that is :)

Wow! They do look so different from each other. So beautiful though. I don't care if they are considered mutts. They are the prettiest of any kind of mutt I have ever seen. ( :
This makes me very excited to see what mine turn out like. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom