Need to rehome female Easter egger less then 2 years old

lathropcarrie

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2018
We found a rescue in Austin that will take her. Thank you everyone.

We have a cannibal in our household. This is Bob the chicken. She's a great egg layer and has light green eggs about 4-5 a week. She's a bully and is eating her sister Missy alive. Bob will do great in a single chicken home or with other chickens? She leaves our Plymouth Rock. She's just mean to our brahma chicken who is the sweetest thing. They are kept separate till things get sorted out. If you are local and know anyone who wanted a chicken let me know she's just under 2 years old. Shes also big and very healthy! Thanks for your help
Carrie

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_134717.jpg
    IMG_20181205_134717.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I’m sorry.
But rehoming a vicious chicken that already has the propensity to draw blood or kill would be like giving away a terrible problem for someone else to deal with.
Be honest give her away for food not as a flock hen.
Cull her yourself for food.
Sometimes evil comes in pretty packaging.
Not to sound harsh
but think about it.
Best wishes

I’m sorry.
But rehoming a vicious chicken that already has the propensity to draw blood or kill would be like giving away a terrible problem for someone else to deal with.
Be honest give her away for food not as a flock hen.
Cull her yourself for food.
Sometimes evil comes in pretty packaging.
Not to sound harsh
but think about it.
Best wishes

OP is being 100% honest about the behavior of the hen, they are in no way doing anything wrong by trying to find the animal a new home. Its not like they are keeping her issues a secret.

Where are you located I might want to take her
We have a cannibal in our household. This is Bob the chicken. She's a great egg layer and has light green eggs about 4-5 a week. She's a bully and is eating her sister Missy alive. Bob will do great in a single chicken home or with other chickens? She leaves our Plymouth Rock. She's just mean to our brahma chicken who is the sweetest thing. They are kept separate till things get sorted out. If you are local and know anyone who wanted a chicken let me know she's just under 2 years old. Shes also big and very healthy! Thanks for your help
Carrie

Back
Top Bottom