Need to sex "messy" call

Quote:
No bugs at all. I do hose him down and he used to like it but he runs from it now. It's so sad, he used to love to swim in the pond!

That is odd. Wonder if something scary happened to him that has made him afraid?
Just so you don't feel bad-our White drake is so bad about bathing that we named him Mr. Piglet.
smile.png

If we physically put him in the water-he's fine, but will not get in on his own.

You might dust him just in case, when they don't bathe they are WAY more succeptable to external parasite infestations(mites/lice). Just dust them and let them go without a bath for a day or two and see if they start acting a little better. You could also try giving them Black Oil Sunflower Seeds, a little a day as a treat.. they can help with oil production. B.O.S.S. helped a couple of my Muscovies that were having feather problems.

I was just wondering the same thing when I read this post again.
Quote:

Quote:

Only thing I can think of is now that we have some bigger ducks he doesn't like to get in. We have one in ground pond and one kiddie pool. Hopefully this weekend or sooner we'll be making the in ground pond much bigger which should help. Other than that not sure what his problem is. He eats and runs around fine, nothing else seems to bother him.

Will he bath if he is separated?
I had a call get trampled by the geese in a kiddie pond once.
She survived, but now she likes her baths solo.
I have to let her out of the run and give her her-own rubbermaid tub.

Quote:
No I tried that. I put water in a snow sled but he won't get in that either (he did last fall) so I don't know. He used to get in the pond also but I'm lost!

Back
Top Bottom