Need to Tube Severely Molting Hen

Pics
Get a hand towel (or larger one if needed - I use cloth diapers lol) and some binder clips. Weigh your towel and clips and hit "TARE".

Take the towel and swaddle her like she's a human baby that's screaming bloody murder. Pin her wings and wrap her up. Secure the towel with the binder clips.

Set the chicken burrito on the scale.

20200815_150406.jpg

Weighing her every morning is just as important as tubing her. You have to keep track of that weight on a daily basis. Believe it or not, they can loose a considerable amount of weight in 24 hours. Once they loose too much, it is hard to bring them back.

Get a hand towel (or larger one if needed - I use cloth diapers lol) and some binder clips. Weigh your towel and clips and hit "TARE".

Take the towel and swaddle her like she's a human baby that's screaming bloody murder. Pin her wings and wrap her up. Secure the towel with the binder clips.

View attachment 2485415

Weighing her every morning is just as important as tubing her. You have to keep track of that weight on a daily basis. Believe it or not, they can loose a considerable amount of weight in 24 hours. Once they loose too much, it is hard to bring them back.
Or weigh yourself with and without her in your arms. Just use your bathroom scale. The difference is her.

Oh goodness. OK.

View attachment 2485415

Oh goodness. Ok.

Back
Top Bottom