Need to vent, sorry...(LONG)

jessied1227

Songster
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
East Brady, PA
It has just been the worst week around here. First off, my Dad, who has never been sick in his life, had to have an emergency appendectomy on Monday. His appendix was gangrene, for heaven's sake, he was septic after surgery, it really sucked. He was finally discharged today, but remains at home with a drain and continued antibiotics.
Tuesday, I took my FIL to the doctors for shortness of breath, and they ordered all kinds of tests. He had a stat CT scan done and the results show he has pulmonary hypertension and an enlarged heart. At his age, with his health considerations, it's basically a death sentence. We'll really see the complete severity of it next week when they do more testing.
Now, my husband, who is THE most stubborn man on the planet when it comes to illnesses, is having severe pain around his kidney on the right side and just called me from work to tell me he was probably going to end up going to go up to the ER and get checked out. I'm fairly sure it's kidney stones.
It just never seems to end! To top it off, I see a counsellor to help me deal with my son's illness, and my counsellor's supervisor called me yesterday and said my counsellor felt he couldn't help me anymore, so now I got to find a new counsellor! I must really be messed up if my counsellor dumped me, LMAO.
Sorry, folks. I'm not really crazy. I'm just a 31 year old woman who has had enough stress and sickness in the past 16 month to last me a lifetime.
Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe when my hubby does go up to the ER, I'll tell them to put me in the nut ward for a few days so I can get some rest!!!
lau.gif

Jess

I know how you feel hun!!! Believe me! If you have read any of my posts the past couple of days, you know I have been going through it too... I am so sorry. As for your husband... does sound like kidney stones... my DH gets them all the time... just unbearable!
For your father I am so sorry... Hes at home now getting the love and attention every man wants!
big_smile.png
(We just found out that my father in law has 2 months to live if that... his heart is giving out... only a partial of his arteries are working)
As for your FIL... oh hunny I know how you must feel!
As for being commited... I AGREE
lau.gif
gig.gif
just let me know where you are going to be and I will see if I can get a room right next to you!!!
lau.gif

Take care... and doesnt it feel good to VENT!!!!!!!
Tes

Jessi, i'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I'm sorry to hear about your families illnesses. Please vent all you want, we are here to listen. Goodness knows with all that is going on with just your lil son it can be hard to bear. You need some down time. Once things settle down tonight, take a nice warm bath and try to relax with a cup of chamoille tea. It won't fix things but it will help you relax. Your fil illness with cardiomegaly(enlarged heart) can be tough, they can start him on meds that can help. They can't always get better but they can help him from getting worse.(i've worked in this field for 15 years) I've even heard of a few techniques they have been doing at agh(Allegheny general hospital) with ep studies to help improve cardiomegaly, so have him ask his cardiologist about it. email me if you have any more questions. Things will work themselves out, but hugs to you til then.
4.gif

Last edited:
Hugs to the both of you...I know how that can be...I was workin, chauferring my Aunt all over the place because her daughter and boyfriend couldn't be bothered, and helping my inlaws clean their rental apartment...Then comes July and I'm planning a trip to Philly. My manager cuts my hours, my car gets totalled, and even if I'm dead, I'm going to see King Tut. Now it's August, I have a new car, no job and my Aunt is moving closer to me...along with having physical therapy twice a week and getting my DS ready for back to school, putting my items in the local fair, trying to gear up for the holidays...
These are the times that try mens' souls...no kidding...
Sit in your backyard, surround yourself with your chickens with a good book and relax...even if it's just for an hour...you'll feel so much better.

Well, I just got back from the hospital.
hmm.png
The hubby is scheduled for an emergency appendectomy in the morning.

It's just way too wierd, you know? My Dad just had his appendix out LAST MONDAY, and now my husband.
barnie.gif

So, I'm way too keyed up to sleep, I gotta get a load of clothes washed so I have clean clothes, so I'm going to waste an hour here on BYC, doing nothing but reading and posting about chickies, and maybe I'll settle down enough to get an hour or so of sleep.

Thanks guys-
Jess

If the tea, bath, and chickens don't work, try the nut ward. They have great drugs.
lol.png

I deal with my mother alot and Jim Beam works for me!!!

Honey,

You need a break. I haven't heard about your son but any time your child is sick it's stressful. If he has a chronic illness you may check into waiver worker. It's a program the state of Arkansas has to help parents with chronically ill children to have a day off. The people who keeps the child has to go through a lot of checks to make sure they are qualitified to take care of such children. My sister has a daughter who has celebral palsy and she has a waiver worker and it sure helps her get a break plus our dad is sick a lot so she can depend on this lady to keep her daughter in case she has to run to the hospital.

I'm sorry to hear about your DH, father and FIL. I hope everyone gets well soon.
hugs.gif

jackie

Thanks everyone.

Jackiedon - my som has a serious heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome. We've been through 2 open heart surgeries, 2 heart caths, a stroke and a massive seizure, and he was born April 11 last year. We lived at the hospital for months at a time, living in shifts at his bedside. Against monumental odds, he is a wonderful happy child who shows no outward signs of his illness, other than his surgical scars. I will look into the waiver worker. We're all ready involved with all kinds of different agencies, so I'll make some calls when things simmer down.

My hubby did well through his procedure today. He is in an immense amount of pain and has the little morphine pump with the button. I swear, I'da had smoke comin' off that button. He was dosing every 10 minutes, and was still in a lot of pain. He is also a serious smoker, and is having some breathing issues after anesthesia, and has promised to quit.

Anyway, thanks for the positive thoughts.
Jess

Geez - what a horrible week you've had! I hope things keep on looking up for you.

Don't forget - if you can't take care of YOU a little bit, you won't be able to take care of everyone else. I know, easier said than done, being the mom of 4 kids with one full time and 2 part time jobs too...

Hugs to you!
Susan

Back
Top Bottom