need Water Wigglers...

I am going to Family Dollar today to see if mine has them!
barnie.gif

~Rebecca

I mean Dollar General...
tongue.png

Last edited:
needmorechickens! :

Would someone be willing to send me some water wigglers? I can PayPal the money for the wigglers and shipping....I can't find them anywhere! I would like to have 3 of them.
smile.png

~Rebecca
caf.gif

There are some on Amazon.com, for $1.49. The shipping is about $6. Just search 'water wiggles' or 'water wigglers'.
<EDIT> I ordered 2, and the shipping was the same, $6 for both.​

Last edited:
needmorechickens! :

mmizell ---->
welcome-byc.gif

Don't worry...a few months ago I wouldn't have known what a water wiggler was either...
big_smile.png

Just keep reading here on BYC and you'll know more about chickens than you ever thought possible!

~Rebecca
caf.gif

lol.png
I kept thinking they were some other word for the wet bulb thermometers that I always read about!​

Quote:
Susan, are you putting them all around in there to insulate the eggs? How many per egg? Or are they just to ensure the actual egg temp? Sorry, never heard of this before. Thanks, Tammy:D

You just put one in the 'bator. Get the thermometer that has a cord with a small black plastic probe on the end of it. You put the little probe in the middle of the water wiggler. That tells you about what the temp of an egg is in the 'bator.
wink.png

Because the air temperature changes so much in some incubators, it helps you to see that the water wiggler or egg has a much smaller temp fluctuation. ~thus prolonging your sanity!
smile.png

~Rebecca

Last edited:
Quote:
Susan, are you putting them all around in there to insulate the eggs? How many per egg? Or are they just to ensure the actual egg temp? Sorry, never heard of this before. Thanks, Tammy:D

No, no, no....
I just put one in the 'bator. I put it on top of the egg turner (takes up two spaces), so it is at the same location in the 'bator that an egg would be. Then I take the probe from an indoor-outdoor thermometer (Accurite from WalMart), and put it inside the wiggler. From that position, the probe essentially simulates the temp that is inside your eggs. It stays much more stable than the air temp....as does the temp inside the eggs. If, for example, you open the 'bator to add water or candle or....?, the air temp tends to take a dive. What you find when you use the wiggler temp is that there is almost no fluctuation at all.....voila all anxiety is gone....

It's also good for getting a grip on how long it takes the eggs to really get up to temp in the bator when you first turn it on. Takes a while for that liquid inside to get warm, and also putting cool eggs in the 'bator brings the air temp down.....Eventually it all equalizes.

And, I see, that Rebecca has already said the same thing much quicker than I, but....since you did ask....there you go....

Susan

Back
Top Bottom