Need weed spray that won't harm chickens

Taryns mawmaw

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
smile.png
I am looking for any information on a weed killer that I can use around my chickens. We have a large area that the chickens free range but we also have gravel for the driveway that my husband usually uses commercial weed killer on but since the chickens are roaming free we don't want to use it for fear that we would harm the chickens or the eggs. Anyone have any ideas of what we could use instead of commercial weed killer? Thanks

We have this problem, too! Our solution? Pull them by hand...poison is poison, and it is not worth the risk. Plus, all the bending over has helped with my waist line!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Boiling water works well also. I boil water and pour it on my garden path. You could also use left over boiling water from cooking. Try adding vinegar to the boiling water, to help it go further. I have killed grass accidentally by using baking soda, it may work on some weeds as well. My father has used a borax paste on wild violets, he swears that is the only thing to get rid of them. I think he just mixed borax and water together. You can find borax in the laundry isle at the supermarket. Good luck!

Quote:
X2!!!
smile.png

Diesel gasoline will work also

The title of the thread is " Need weed spray that won't harm chickens"

Borax could be lethal to the chickens.... vinegar or pull them....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom