Need your help with this chicken. is this respiratory disease? * includes video*

Pics
Maybe try placing them together each evening or late afternoon an hour before they would normally go to roost in the evening. After a week or so, they might be able to be together. But integration of 2 flocks can be difficult. I have 3 different coops—2 small and 1 large, just because certain chickens get beaten up.

Let them be together until they go roost and then let them sleep together aswell?

Separate them in the morning? Is this what you meant?

ok, so I am having a partial success with the "society reintegration program". this might actually work.

I have identified the least aggressive red star and started working with it by letting her go out in short amounts of time, usually when feeding them kitchen scraps. if I let both out they would totally annihilate all other chickens and even work together so the more aggressive one stays in the isolation run. this way I can control her much better and this one is actually not dragged into fighting so often.

by doing this, the behaviour of the least aggressive red star is getting better to a point where I now leave her 24h together with the remaining flock. from time to time she still likes to bully but to a much less extent than what it was.

what I plan to do now is to leave them this way for maybe 3 or 4 months so when I start to work with the other red star the flock will probably be more calm, things settled.

Back
Top Bottom