Need your help with this chicken. is this respiratory disease? * includes video*

Today my wife made a big cake and used about 12 to 15 eggs. She found out 3 of them with the meat spots.

This worries me because we sell some of them and this is not something I would like to get if I was the buyer, even if this is not harmful.

Question: these meat spots are probably from the hens that were sick. This means that all eggs will have this problem? Will this happen in a period of time and return? Will it happen from time to time?

I get some meat spots, don't pay too much attention as they don't bother me, and as far as I know my birds are not sick.
It's just something that can happen and some birds may be more susceptible to it happening than others.
My few customers understand about meat and blood spots and don't seem to have a problem with them, and to break eggs one at a time in a separate dish before adding to pan or recipe. I tell them if they find something they don't want to eat to put the whole egg shell and all into a small container in the fridge so I can take a look and give a replacement. Only needed to use this once when had a string of 3-4 rather bloody eggs.

Thanks for reassuring me, my wife did the same.

I do not cook so I did not knew this can happen. My wife even told me this can also happen in eggs purchased in the supermarket which is new for me.

Cheers

No, they are kept in ambient temperature inside their cardboard boxes.

It is hard to say a number, it happens randomly, from time to time there is one or two with the blood or meat spots.

No, they are kept in ambient temperature inside their cardboard boxes.

It is hard to say a number, it happens randomly, from time to time there is one or two with the blood or meat spots.
I would imagine they are candled, as here in the US, but I suppose some could get missed. I don't remember ever getting spots in eggs, but haven't bought store eggs for 6 years.

If by candled you mean selected then yes, all eggs are selected and each one has a stamp to prove it. I guess it is not 100% method then.

complete fail.

as soon as I joined them, the peace at the coop was over with 10 chickens showing signs of being nervous with the presence of the red stars. the only one that is always calm is the black star which is the head of the flock.

a little bit later, once again, one of the red stars on top of a white chicken in a submissive stance, joined by the other red star, both pecking around.

i changed strategy, put both red stars into my secondary coop where they can see the flock without contact. lets see if this works.

so the red stars are in the same area as the remaining flock, can see each other but no touch since 18th of June. Tried to let them out and see if they would behave, not even 1 minute later and they continue to bully the others. back to detention!

ideas? no culling, no giveaway!

Back
Top Bottom