Needed linkie...

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by smom1976, Aug 31, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I noticed that it is hard to get back to the forums after visiting someones BYC page there is not a link.. many times I will take a time out from posting to learn somthing about someone and then find it hard to get back to posting again.. I usually have to go to the top of my page and retype the address again because sometimes it takes longer to use the back button (if they have a nice big BYC page)

Just sending a request out there.. [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

There's a link to "Message Board" to the very top left of each page, but maybe we'll also add some links to the very bottom of the page too. I think that's a good idea... especially when people have really good long pages with lots of great pics! [​IMG]

3. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Is there a way to have people's pages automatically open in a new window? I'm not a techie so I don't know if your software allows it but on some forums it works that way.

4. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:Usually you can just right click with your mouse and a small window will pop up and ask you what you want to do and then you're able to open the link in a new window or new tab depending on the browser you're using. Hope this helps.

5. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I can right click on the mouse and the page opens in another window. I don't know if its a program or not. The only thing I know about computers for sure is the power button is on the big box that sits on the floor! If something goes wrong ... wait till hubby comes home and look sad. [​IMG]

6. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    It can also help to clear your cache regularly.

7. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    yes I do that too.. but then I end up with a ton of open pages.. because there is always a really good pic or some great info that I want to keep up.. ON EVERY PAGE.. lol [​IMG]

I just found that link .. I have seen that link several times. But I guess I dont know if it was the different looking lettering or not the blue stripe.. I totally didnt connect it with the forums.. maybe it was the fact that it said message board not forums.. BLONDS!!

Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by