Needing a pic of 3 week old Cornish Rock

Toast

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 7, 2007
Can someone post a picture of a 3 week old cornish cross please? I'm afraid mine are not growing as fast as they should. It's proteint hat makes them get bigger, right? I am not feeding corn and thought maybe they need the extra carbs or something. They're getting other carbs but not simple ones like corn.

I don't have anything for the 3 week stage, but I have a couple photos that are pretty close. Mostly, Don't worry too much! It's hard to tell exactly how big they are in these photos, but when you compare the chickens to the size of the feeders, you can see just how much they grew in 10 days.

I gave mine 20% (normal) chick starter for 3 weeks, mixed it with 20% broiler feed for the remaining 6.5 weeks before I got them processed. So they were basically on the same protein ration the whole time (along with whatever grass they eat in the pen). After 9.5 weeks, they were mostly between 5 and 7 lbs dressed weight.

Edit: These are technically "Hubbard White Mountain Broilers", but more commonly called Cornish Cross.

17 days old, in my makeshift brooder-coop (when I realized straw is poor bedding):
img_1750s.jpg

And here they are at 27 days old:
img_1804s.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom