Needs a good cry!!

ok what is STP and unleaded gas i dont think it has an oil gauge i can watch and its not burning the oil, it is a Chevy Cavalier 2001 it has 250,000 miles on it
STP is an additive you can get just about anyware in the auto section and you add it directly to your gas tank after you fill it up with unleaded gas.as far as the octane you have 87,89, and 93 to choose from at the gas station.93 will be expensive and not sure it will help an old cavalier with that many miles.your car has an oil gage.it should be on your dash board like your gas gage is.it will usually have a little oil can or something.
good luck and i know its hard but you sometimes need your daddy.

edited to say i was thinking STP gas treatment not the oil treatment.just forget everything i said because i don't want to tell you wrong.just listen to the "probably" mechanics on here and i am NOT one.sorry

Last edited:
You have three grades of gas at the pumps, try the most exspensive. It has a higher optane. The valves will clatter in some engines when burning the cheapest gas. Just ask anyone at the auto parts store for some stp, and put it in where the oil goes. Does it loose power, run rough? tell me what the motor does? I can tell you that is very high milege on that motor though. If its running rough/missing, the first things you want checked are the fuel filter, plugs and plug wires.

Ok I know what you're talking about now it is fine stays right in the middle that's the oil gage. The motor just makes a horrible noise and it struggles to change gears so put the stp where the oil goes not where the gas goes?

I'm sorry you're going through this.
hugs.gif
It will get better soon, just remember this.

Back
Top Bottom