Neglected brahma

He'll fill out with your care.
I'd feed him chick starter or an all flock feed.

The feet to me look like contact dermatitis, so if he was on wet flooring without being able to get feet dry, then likely that's what it is.
Soaking in a bit of warm epsom salts, cleaning the foot and appling a bit of triple antibiotic ointment to the scabs then wrapping can help them heal. Keep him on clean dry bedding. Monitor daily. If the feet seem to ooze a bit or are getting soft, then dry wrap them without ointment for a couple of days.

As for carrying lice/mites and fleas to your existing flock, it's a good idea to tend to him after you tend to your girls, then change/launder clothes. Hopefully the infestation is not too bad and you can quickly get things under control. Keep him away from the girls and quarantined at least 30 days to observe for any other signs/symptoms of illness.
I've already cleaned and bandaged his feet with triple antibiotic ointment and have been keeping him dry and clean. I haven't been handling him too much. I'll start him on some chick feed tonight since I've got that on hand! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom