Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention, I house my chickens in a separate coop from my geese and ducks. I am currently working on a duck coop to give them their own place as well. But during the day they all mingle in my yard free ranging, 8 geese, 7 ducks, and 26 chickens. They get along great.

Build a whole bunch of little coops and open a rooster sanctuary on the agricultural zoned land!!! Make crazy lady start missing the days it was just Spock!

Omg no noise can compare to two or three peacocks landing on your roof and "heeeeeeeelllllllp" Ing at 5 am lol but on a side not the flock of peafowl I had did not get along with my other fowl....one peacock even attack and killed my favorite Tom :| but I have guineas currently and they live in same coop at turkeys and chickens and get along great...good alarm systems and can be pretty loud too lol

I do not understand some people....neighbors have loud things too...they just don't consider it because whatever they are doing, does not bother them!
Some one actually called the police to tell them that my chickens are bothering them. They are fenced in and quiet. No roos......no ranging outside of their fence....Imagine the drama they create! :)

but on a side not the flock of peafowl I had did not get along with my other fowl....one peacock even attack and killed my favorite Tom
Yes, peacocks can be aggressive towards other male fowl (especially during breeding season) but they generally get along fine with other female fowls... Since the OP has to get rid of the rooster a single peacock would fit into the family well :)

Some one actually called the police to tell them that my chickens are bothering them.

Have you ever listened to a police scanner? Lets just say the world is full of wannabe do-gooders that complainers that call the police over EVERYTHING... There was just a little blurb in the local paper just last week in the 'Police Blotter' section, someone actually called the police because they believed someone was taking pictures of people on the bike path with their phone, the police responded and 'determined' the individual was just texting with their phone... As if it actually mattered what they po-po 'determined' because even if they were taking pictures in public, it's a Constitutionally protected right and there was no crime either way, a total waste of police resources...

Sigh....we have 26 acres and we pay taxes on it as farmland. It is registered as farmland. But as I found out a couple of weeks ago the town doesn't allow roosters ANYWHERE. Unless no one complains about your rooster. If someone complains then the town makes you get of the rooster. It's ridiculous. I am so mad.....I really thought that Spock was allowed. I will be devastated if Spock can't stay. I really will be.

Our goat house is 95% complete. Just waiting for the wiring to be completed. I was going to get 3 Nigerian Dwarf wethers....but maybe I should get something bigger. My goat house is 8 by 12 and the pasture is about 1/2 an acre. Any recommendations a breed that would be good for this situation?

Also can I keep a few geese with my goats? ...probably not...DH will not go for that! I would love to borrow my friends guineas for a few days...but they fly and they would be in Crazy Lady's yard for sure. I need animals that will stay here!!

Since deplomacy has failed. I would move my chickens onto the Ag zoned land. Then I'd get pigs, ducks, geese, peafowl, guineas, goats, maybe a cow or 2, ( you get the idea, loud, smelly, and noisy coming right up!) and some cattle dogs to help keep the barnyard animals safe and in line.

Then I'd tell the crazy lady, don't you miss the days when it was just Spock?
And tell the town council to kiss my tush, they are in the AG zone and you can't do crap about it. Have a nice day!

Then, after i was done giving everyone a middle finger salute, and having the last laugh, so to speak. I'd get on with my life, enjoy my new zoo, and tell them all, thanks, without you I wouldn't have all these great animals! :gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom