Neighbor threatening me and another neighbor about chickens

unless her dog is some kind of train assassin dog, when she turns it loose to get your chickens all it will probably do is come over a pee in your yard, as long as it can't get to your little birdies.

You could consider getting a couple guineas.. they truly are some of the noisiest birds!! They most likely wont last too long, it seems raccoons are quite fond of them. But they would last long enough to make your neighbor appreciate just the one rooster far off in the distance and your neighbor's roo if they get one.

If she threatens again I would call the police and file a report. This threat was probably her feeling you out to see how far she can push you on the subject. Politely tell her that you moved out to the country to live the country lifestyle and you are allowed chickens, and roosters are allowed too. I would be a smart ass and tell her I was planing on breeding 5 different breeds and for that you need at least two rooster per breed. She won't know the difference, but it would be funny to watch her doing the math in her head until the total was reached.... boy what a laugh that would be. When she starts flipping out at the total she has figured in her head, come clean and tell her "No, I'm not going that far with this chicken deal, but if you keep it up I will!"

You could tell her the chickens wont be around too long, your are raising them to feed the very large breeding snakes you have coming.
lau.gif
that should shut her up. Tell her you are going to be raising them in the garage and let them out with the chickens during the day... hope none get out!

Na.... just see how it goes and if she does make up some kind of threat again do call the police and file a report. If an officer comes out and talks with her, that will probably put an end to it all. She sounds like "all fluff and no stuff"

Good luck:fl

Quote:
That's a good idea. Yes, roos can be noisy and a pain. But, it is the local law, so... not much she can do. Maybe in the future, you could house your rooster away from her house.

I don't know the laws in your area but around here, people cannot complain about farm animal noises. Cows moo, horses neigh, roosters crow. My turkey gobbles like crazy. That's the way it is.
I've had a neighbor's husky come kill my pet chicken and tore one of my turkeys up. I have a rifle waiting for the next visit.
Your neighbor saying she will send her dog to kill your birds... mmmmm them's fighting words! That's a threat. That is YOUR property.

By the way, my neighbor got a huge fine the second time that dog came here. Next time the county will step in and remove the dog. That is, IF the dog makes it off my property alive.
wink.png

Get ALL of their crap off of your property! And I am always the nice person on the block but when it comes to this....and like last weekend when the neighbors dog broke through our fence, came into our house via dog door and attacked our baby chicks in our brooder down stairs while we were asleep..... I WILL NOT BE NICE ANYMORE!!! You don't need their dog attacking YOU! Give them 24 hours to get all their stuff out (SUPERVISED) or you will remove their stuff and put it on their property! Don't give them the upper hand! Show them who is boss! I am glad you posted the laws on facebook, but don't count that THEY have seen it.........They know the law though.....Good luck, keep us updated!!!
P.S. Where did that guy get the smiley with the gun!!!???That was cool! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom