Neighbor threatening to "take out my roosters"

This situation was me about 20 years ago. I moved to a small farm house next to a subdivision. I have always lived in the country and always had horses. The first week we started building fence. Neighbors seemed friendly and very inquisitive about the fence. We told them that my Horse was being stabled right now and as soon as we got the fence build she would be here. The word was sent that if that horse gets out it was going to be a dead horse. This was thru their children over hearing what Daddy said. I just turned the tables on them and told his children that I was thinking about making a pig pen and having some other livestock, since my property is considered rural with no restrictions. I just waited for a response but none came. I have a rooster, 28 hens and 2 horses. The neighbors in the subdivision come and go and sometimes we get one that wants to change the whole community but i ignore them on the most part. I enjoy my mini farm with all the crowing, clucking, and whinnying. By the way, the hogs was just a threat.On the most part, my neighbors love it here with livestock the kids can pet and bring apples to.Many came to see the new foal and watch with miracle of birth.

If he didn't like the sound of roosters, perhaps he shouldn't be living next to a 20 acre piece of property. The "country" isn't always peaceful and quiet. He sounds quite rude, but I wouldn't let him bother me.

He really does sound like a classic abuser..with a screw loose in his tiny pea brain. Nothing you can say or do to change this, he will never understand a pasture. It sounds like his wife is beat down, sorry for her. I think that's what roils everybody up, there's not alot you can do unless you are into psych. What's the saying, god created all mankind, Rossi created them equal. The laws are very strict when it comes to brandishing a firearm so be careful there, and don't engage with this idiot, when he can't get satisfaction from abusing you he will give up. I'm not saying don't be prepared, which may well start by legally documenting his behavior, if he continues have the sheriff issue a cease and desist. Technically this is a domestic abuse case, so if it escalates and you have to defend yourself your attorney will have something to go on. So meanwhile, enjoy your place and try to erase this nitwit from your mind. You know, just having a chat with law enforcement in your driveway can have a big effect on this coward, it probably won't be the first time for him and he'll go all paranoid about it. i

Here is an analysis of the neighbor:

He worked as a low level manager for years, never getting recognition for what he thought he should, largely because his idea of his worth was unrealistic and he never sought to improve himself. He went home each day and took out his frustrations by dominating his wife (whom he chose for her ability to be dominated) into quiet subserviance.

His unremarkable career culminated in being the old guy who got passed over for promotion by younger workers, until he was finally pushed into retiring. Seeking an environment over which he could finally reign supreme in every way, he bought a large tract of land outside suburbia where he would both be free of management by other forces, and the king of the realm where his will is law.

Enter in the neighbor farm girl who disrupts his idyllic fantasy of dominating his environment by having roosters whose crows cross the fence line. The roosters are bucket of ice water that rip him from his dream world with every crow!

Then this young female upstart has the nerve to put a vegetable garden next to his perfectly groomed lawn--a lawn he dominates with chemicals and daily mowings that force it to be the ideal image that matches his imagination.

And this kid--this GIRL--ignores him! She does not buckle under to his will and make the roosters go away. Then she has the nerve to talk back to him, telling him in no uncertain terms that he in fact does not control her or anything beyond his property line...

He has to face that he is not, and never will be, the king of all he surveys or even all that he has to listen to, and he goes into a vulgar rant.

He will not break the law because somewhere inside he knows it would put him into a situation where he would be under someone else's control: the police and legal system. He is at his core a weak person who can only bully if one allows him to. The OP is in no danger from him because he does not know how to deal with real inner strength and drive. He will again, as is his nature, find a weaker person upon whom he can take out his frustration. His wife will find her life getting harder and, as is her nature, she will do and say nothing about it.

Ha! That was fun! Hope ya'll liked it :)

Here is an analysis of the neighbor:
He worked as a low level manager for years, never getting recognition for what he thought he should, largely because his idea of his worth was unrealistic and he never sought to improve himself. He went home each day and took out his frustrations by dominating his wife (whom he chose for her ability to be dominated) into quiet subserviance.
His unremarkable career culminated in being the old guy who got passed over for promotion by younger workers, until he was finally pushed into retiring. Seeking an environment over which he could finally reign supreme in every way, he bought a large tract of land outside suburbia where he would both be free of management by other forces, and the king of the realm where his will is law.
Enter in the neighbor farm girl who disrupts his idyllic fantasy of dominating his environment by having roosters whose crows cross the fence line. The roosters are bucket of ice water that rip him from his dream world with every crow!
Then this young female upstart has the nerve to put a vegetable garden next to his perfectly groomed lawn--a lawn he dominates with chemicals and daily mowings that force it to be the ideal image that matches his imagination.
And this kid--this GIRL--ignores him! She does not buckle under to his will and make the roosters go away. Then she has the nerve to talk back to him, telling him in no uncertain terms that he in fact does not control her or anything beyond his property line...
He has to face that he is not, and never will be, the king of all he surveys or even all that he has to listen to, and he goes into a vulgar rant.
He will not break the law because somewhere inside he knows it would put him into a situation where he would be under someone else's control: the police and legal system. He is at his core a weak person who can only bully if one allows him to. The OP is in no danger from him because he does not know how to deal with real inner strength and drive. He will again, as is his nature, find a weaker person upon whom he can take out his frustration. His wife will find her life getting harder and, as is her nature, she will do and say nothing about it.
Ha! That was fun! Hope ya'll liked it
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif
That was good! If I was evil, I would print this off and stick it in his mail box!! hehehe. Instead I will laugh and fantasize about putting it in his mailbox.

Keep fantasizing, touching his mailbox is a federal offense and I'm sure he'd love to press charges. You could mail it to him though
gig.gif

Better yet give us all his address and he could get hundreds of letters from across the country
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom