Neighbor's dog came back for our ducks today! What to do?

You should file some law suits on her and make her pay with HER money a vet vist for your poor Nona ducks. and a replacement for ur dead ducks. Also its not ur fault its hers its her dog she should not let it happen again all her fault to urs or ur wifes :) Also call animal control :)<
Luckily Nona did not require a vet and my dog "bite" is just one scratch and a shallow puncture wound - and a bruise. Local Animal "Services" is another story, however…

Same thing happens to me. Killed one of my KC exactly a week later called the police and they warned them. the dog came again a week later thankfully no duck got harmed but they were charged and dog was taken to the animal shelter. You need to do something because once a dog knows where they are at it will make a b line over to your house. Once it tries one that’s all It wants.

As said, i filled out a form at the Urgent Care clinic and they are required by law to report this to Animal "services". I gave AS three business days to contact me, tomorrow i will start calling…
You reported this on the 7th..and haven't heard anything back?
When I got bit they were there the next morning.

Finally an update on the case:
At first i tried to call Animal "Services" again and ended up in their (unattended?) voice-mail, so i decided to call the Health-Department. The Lady at the phone was shocked and said the same as you @aart: »Whoot! You've been bitten a week ago and nobody got back to you?«
She promised she would call Animal Control directly and they will get back to me immediately!
Barely five minutes later i got a call from an Animal Control officer, asking me to confirm the exact address, because he wasn't sure that he was at the right driveway. I saw a white car at the neighbors driveway and asked him if he is driving a white car and he confirmed, so he was at the right driveway. Gave him a brief overview of the story and what i wanted and he said »I'll get back to you!«
Fifteen Minutes later the phone rang, so Max (the dog) is completely vaccinated and i don't need rabies-shots! And the officer has explained the situation to the dog owners and urged them to put Max on a leash of to fence in their property and the owner assured that they will obey the law in the future.
Case closed.
Sure?
I will still seize the opportunity to set up electric fencing first, then replace that with wattle fences piece by piece.

Same thing happens to me. Killed one of my KC exactly a week later called the police and they warned them. the dog came again a week later thankfully no duck got harmed but they were charged and dog was taken to the animal shelter. You need to do something because once a dog knows where they are at it will make a b line over to your house. Once it tries one that’s all It wants.
I know! Dogs are dogs and we cannot blame them for being dogs. It is the owner's responsibility and many do not realize that Fluffy, Fido or Buddy are distant relatives of wolves.

I know! Dogs are dogs and we cannot blame them for being dogs. It is the owner's responsibility and many do not realize that Fluffy, Fido or Buddy are distant relatives of wolves.
Yep! I’m glad I made that decision. I was worried because she still had another dog. They got charged with a misdemeanor. I haven’t seen them since.

The Lady at the phone was shocked and said the same as you @aart: »Whoot! You've been bitten a week ago and nobody got back to you?«
Seeee!! :D
I'm pretty rural here, most my county is.
Sure glad that dog was vaccinated!

Glad it's all wrapped up and records exist for the incident in case they are needed in the future....which I sure hope they are not.

Finally an update on the case:
At first i tried to call Animal "Services" again and ended up in their (unattended?) voice-mail, so i decided to call the Health-Department. The Lady at the phone was shocked and said the same as you @aart: »Whoot! You've been bitten a week ago and nobody got back to you?«
She promised she would call Animal Control directly and they will get back to me immediately!
Barely five minutes later i got a call from an Animal Control officer, asking me to confirm the exact address, because he wasn't sure that he was at the right driveway. I saw a white car at the neighbors driveway and asked him if he is driving a white car and he confirmed, so he was at the right driveway. Gave him a brief overview of the story and what i wanted and he said »I'll get back to you!«
Fifteen Minutes later the phone rang, so Max (the dog) is completely vaccinated and i don't need rabies-shots! And the officer has explained the situation to the dog owners and urged them to put Max on a leash of to fence in their property and the owner assured that they will obey the law in the future.
Case closed.
Sure?
I will still seize the opportunity to set up electric fencing first, then replace that with wattle fences piece by piece.
I'm glad to hear this. If they like their dog at all those people are lucky that they kept the vaccinations up to date and animal control didn't take him, and that your wife was armed with a shovel and not a gun.
I find it incredible how people try to turn things around on the victim when they know they are the ones guilty of wrongdoing.

Back
Top Bottom