Neighbor's dog came back for our ducks today! What to do?

They no longer do rabies shots in your stomach. Rabies shots are given at the site of the wound (in and around it). Then you go for 3 follow up shots. They are a very very small needle and it's done in a second.
I already started to develop a rash from my severe needle-allergy! šŸ˜–
Rabies shots rank highest of all vaccines when it comes to side effects. So i do hope that Max is vaccinated and i won't need them!

Hi HillBilly.... Me again. I know you do NOT want anything to happen to the dog. I completely understand! I am a dog (animal, really) lover too... But in order to get this properly handled AND get the neighbors to rein in their beloved pet, you NEED to follow the instructions I gave you. Call the Health Dept where you live. Tell them your neighbor's dog came onto your property and attacked you and your animals. Be sure to tell them it DREW BLOOD. This is very important. Tell them that "you do not know if the dog had rabies." Stating these two things are VERY IMPORTANT. It does not mean they will put down the dog. What it does is initiate proper procedures that Animal Control has to follow. And since another government agency (Health Dept) is involved, Animal Control will be required to follow up with your neighbor's vet to insure the dog was properly vaccinated. If it wasn't, it will be quarantined on the neighbor's dime. I guarantee that your neighbor's will be hella careful to not let their dog onto your property again if they face this scrutiny.... Voila....two birds, one stone.
As said, i filled out a form at the Urgent Care clinic and they are required by law to report this to Animal "services". I gave AS three business days to contact me, tomorrow i will start callingā€¦

In general, it wonā€™t hurt to give any bbq a pass here in California. Especially anything labeled ā€œauthenticā€. Thatā€™s a word that gets used here to try to convince people that a food is somehow worth a ridiculous price.
My colleagues once dragged me into an Ā»authenticĀ« German Restaurant.
I laughed so much about everything Ā»authenticĀ« that i barely could eat my food!
Not every man in Germany runs around in short Ā»LederhosenĀ«, wearing a checked red/white shirt and the ladies usually don't present their Ā»balconyĀ« in too tight blouses with the upper three buttons open. and almost nobody, no-bo-dy, hears "Umpa-Music".

As said, i filled out a form at the Urgent Care clinic and they are required by law to report this to Animal "services". I gave AS three business days to contact me, tomorrow i will start callingā€¦
this is absolutely ridiculous someone should have been over there the same day to confirm if that dog has been vaccinated or not. šŸ¤¬
I am getting really ticked off for you!

this is absolutely ridiculous someone should have been over there the same day to confirm if that dog has been vaccinated or not. šŸ¤¬
Animal "Services" is a Government Agency! They act only after somebody died. - Except if you owe taxesā€¦
I gave them credit that it was Friday afternoon when i reported the "bite", so AS may have received the notification on Monday Morning b4 their Coffee and Donuts, then they had to find an available officer and so on. You are right over three business days are ridiculous.
Tomorrow i will talk serious with some peopleā€¦

Honestly how this whole thing has been handled is absolutely ridiculous. When I was bit by a stray dog, I went straight to the ER. They stitched me up, gave me my rabies shots, and sent a police officer in to speak with me. All within about 40 minutes. I'm genuinely horrified no rabies shot was given and no one has even remotely investigated the dog or the people involved. This is crazy.

Yesterday the neighbor's dog almost killed our beloved Nona Duck:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-and-is-breathing-heavy.1437864/post-23813263

I spoke with the neighbor yesterday when they brought injured Nona back home and she promised me to keep her dog at home.

Obviously she was not very successful and the dog came back for our ducks. The ducks alerted me, i looked out of the window and saw the dog with another duck in its mouth and, ran out of the house yelling loudly. The dog let go of the duck and tried to flee, but could not find a way through the fence (2ft tall), panicked and turned on me. I cornered it and called the neighbor to pick it up and a loud argument started, she is accusing us to have her dog injured with a shovel (my wife had a shovel in her hand b/c she was afraid of the growling, barking and snapping dog). Neighbor is threatening us with the police and the law now and i am not sure what to do now, i like to report the incidence somewhere just in case the neighbor really tries to press charges.
You should file some law suits on her and make her pay with HER money a vet vist for your poor Nona ducks. and a replacement for ur dead ducks. Also its not ur fault its hers its her dog she should not let it happen again all her fault to urs or ur wifes :) Also call animal control :)<

Back
Top Bottom