Neighbors Dog Killed Chickens

It is extremely frustrating when something comes into your yard and takes what is precious to you. In my neighborhood I have stray dogs since their owners don't acknowledge them. My coops are strong and they weren't able to get to my chickens. I did find 2 dogs exhausted trying to dig up my coops but couldn't get to them. A small daisy bb gun is just enough convincing for them not to come back. However, my hen crossed the fence to the neighbor's yard with her 13 chicks and a stray dog came out of no where and caught one of her chicks and took it with her. Now I'm working on my fence since the old one has several gaps where a dog or cat can get into my yard or chicken go into someone's yard.

I would make them pay for the chickens and shoot their dog next time it happens.

Definitely get them to pay u $$. No question there!!

However You have the wrong mindset about the gun my friend. I get what you're saying but guns is definitely not to answer. Just watch the news....

To get revenge on a $3 chicken you lost, you might spend the rest of your life in jail? Short minded thinking!!!

Coyote, they killed the sheriff's horse out in the pasture a couple of years ago in Ortonville- south of me. No one believed the person until they actually proved it. I wonder if they are, going to have to carry pepper spray, ugh. It took bites out of my coop. It started to eat it's way into my coop with my chicks in it.

It is extremely frustrating when something comes into your yard and takes what is precious to you. In my neighborhood I have stray dogs since their owners don't acknowledge them. My coops are strong and they weren't able to get to my chickens. I did find 2 dogs exhausted trying to dig up my coops but couldn't get to them. A small daisy bb gun is just enough convincing for them not to come back. However, my hen crossed the fence to the neighbor's yard with her 13 chicks and a stray dog came out of no where and caught one of her chicks and took it with her. Now I'm working on my fence since the old one has several gaps where a dog or cat can get into my yard or chicken go into someone's yard.

If the dog belongs to someone else it is not a stray dog and therefore the owner is responsible. The terminology stray dog gets thrown around a lot here I lived on the east coast and west coast of the United States and Canada. Only time I saw Stray dogs where in Peru and are pretty damn friendly!

What state do u live in? Most states are actually making animal related issues a police issue. So it's possible you could call the cops and have a summons issued to that person. People usually get their crap straight when they have to pay a fine ! Not sure if you want to go down that path but it sounds like a habitual problem.

Definitely get them to pay u $$. No question there!!

However You have the wrong mindset about the gun my friend. I get what you're saying but guns is definitely not to answer. Just watch the news....

To get revenge on a $3 chicken you lost, you might spend the rest of your life in jail? Short minded thinking!!!
Sorry but where I live a chicken is not $3. I live where I would not be on the news and no one would know shoot shovel and shutup

$2?

So you shoot you miss you hit a kid you shovel you shut up? Real logical thinking!
Maybe as a chick they are worth $2 not after feeding raising them and there eggs and meat. I am not stupid I know how to use a gun I would only shoot if a had a safe shot and the nearest kid would be 300 yards in the oposite direction where I live. P.S I love dogs but if a dog is killing livestock it dies

Just because u would rather let a dog kill all the birds that supply yours and other family's eggs and meat that you took such great love and care to raise does not mean it's that way with others.

Back
Top Bottom