neighbors dogs+chickens+my dog= bad news!

Okay, you're obviously angry and with good reason. You also seem to understand the severity of the situation. Is there a reason you haven't shot the dogs yet? no gun? not familar enough with them? afraid of traumatizing the kids?

I live somewhat off the beaten path and usually end up getting home after dark. I always have my .45 on my hip when going to lock up the chickens....i've already euthanized 3 possums in as many months.

Thank you all for letting me vent on here! I learned today, they have not been able to bait the dogs, they want the chickens and fights more then dog food. So catching these dogs has been a struggle. Especially since there is only ONE AC Officer for our whole wide spread out county. I also learned today that my Husband is putting in as part time help to the county!
smile.png
And I was given permission to shoot the dogs if they came back. Here you aren't allowed to shoot a weapon with in 1/4 mile of a residence or anyother building. But my husband and I were let off the hook on that one! So things are looking in a better direction. I wouldn't normally shoot a pet but thses dogs are not safe to have wondering the neighborhood! Thanks again everyone!

very simalar thing happened to my neighbor this spring one ladies dog pack attacked his dog in his yard 6 dogs on one old springer.
After 2 weeks in the vets and his dog is ok
neighborhood went on alert now only 2 dogs remain lol the two that got my turkeys last month she got rid of the birds they brought home before sheriff arrived so no fine/charges just has to keep her dogs pened

Yikes!!!! I most likely shoot if a pack of dogs were after my chickens BUT I draw the line if they are threatning my kids .
somad.gif
Darn people who can't take care of their dogs and who doesn't care about them!!!
somad.gif
Why can't there be more responsible dog owners in the world?! Things be SO much better.

Last edited:
Well I have a bit of an update on the dog issue.... They Are Gone!!!!!
ya.gif
I don't know about the owner and his warrent situation but I don't care ( i do but I don't!) because ALL of those mean dogs are gone!! My poor little boy is still a little nervous to go out side with out myself or his Daddy but he'll calm down in time!!
smile.png
I'm just grateful no one was hurt during their neighbor hood reign!

Quote:
Wow, Hadn't seen this thread before. Wow!
I grew up in a town with 3 wild dog packs, pretty scary stuff. As mean as wolves and not afraid of much. Your a brave woman to confront them.
bow.gif

Imp- Glad you're all OK

Back
Top Bottom