Neighbors keep asking for money !!** UPDATE LOL **

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
This is really getting on my nerves - it is to the point I am advoiding being outside when they are out - which sucks because I love being out in my yard when the weather gets warm planting my flowers, hanging out with my chickens .....

this morning I am just relaxing on the couch working on my granny squares for the swap, watching a movie and hear a knock on the door - so I answear it and it is the neighbors two boys - wanting to know if my husband is home - I tell them no - " oh our mom was wondering if she could borrow 10.00 for gas "
barnie.gif
- so trying to be nice ( these are just kids ) I tell them to tell thier mom to STOP asking for money.

I have a total of 43.00 in my wallet right now - yes I could have given her some - but I dont get alot of money for myself and I have been saving this money for two weeks so I can go get a few more chicks/ducks - I know that sounds selfish but this lady keeps asking every dang week she sends her kids over wanting money.

I do not walk around here flaunting money - we dont have alot of money my DH works his tail off for what we have - I sell eggs and a few hens now and then to help out - I am sure lately she has noticed that I have gotten alot of new plants and flowers for the front yard so I am sure it makes it look like we have tons of money to spend, most of these plants came from wal*mart and most were under 3.00.

I am starting to really hate where I live and the people around me - and that is not normal for me I used to be that kind of person that would lend you anything or help out with anything I could , but one two many people have stolen from us or have borrowed everything we had thinking we had an open house poilcy so now I am not so quick to help out, but this woman is going to drive me crazy I have not given her anything yet she keeps right on asking - and now they are wanting to ask my DH !! poor guy works 6 days a week plus helps with all the animals like he really needs them hounding him for money ( that's my job
wink.png
)

sorry had to rant and vent this morning

Julie

Last edited:
Julie, you don't have to give them anything. Don't feel selfish, its great to give but you don't even know if she really needs that money. She probably just wants your money, or maybe she really needs some extra money, I don't know. But its your money.
smile.png

Hmmm... Sounds like your neighbor lady needs to get herself a job. If it were me thats exactly what Id tell her too, lol. But thats just me. Yes I give to people who need it and desurve it but not to people who just do it to take advantage of me.

Hi Crazy4Chicks,
Sorry about your problem,I would never give money to anyone that wasn't a close friend or family.
Next time the kids come over tell them you need to talk to the mom,chances are she will not come she is just hiding behind her children try to make you feel guilty for saying no.

Good luck,
Ed

That's so horrible. Especially to make the kids go over and ask for the money. She's probably used to asking and uses the kids, so people won't say no. I am ashamed for her. You don't have to give her anything, and you don't have to feel bad. She is her own responsibility. I had neighbors like that, never thought I would. The guy would send over his wife to ask me to borrow money, rides, and to use the phone. They even borrowed my plunger, I just told them to keep it. You try to be nice and help them out a little and then they want alot. I'm all for helping people, I try when I can, but not when it infringes on my own needs.

Sending one's children out to beg for money is loathsome, tacky, and in my opinion borders on some sort of child neglect. It is her responsibility to provide for her children, not theirs, and certainly not yours.

If it were me, children habitually begging for money would prompt me to place a call to SRS or whatever the agency is in your state.

You could also tell the lady that you need your coop cleaned out, and pay her for actual work instead of just getting something for nothing. Of course, she'll probably have her kids do the work...

What a pain. At any rate, don't feel guilty, because that is a crazy situation.

Has the mom ever asked for $ herself?
These kids could be bumming the $ to blow on kid stuff and mom doesn't know it?

Knew someone when I was a kid that scammed people this way...

Back
Top Bottom