Nerf gun war

I hope they notified the police right away, I have been in a situation (Before we had chickens), where the empty lot next door was being mowed by a service (the owner lived out of town).
The man who mowed the lawn didn't like my front garden and the fact that I had jasmine growing on my back fence, so he would hit everything he could reach with a weed wacker and then enter my backyard (thru a gate) and clean up. We tried to handle it by speaking to him, to no avail. Finally I caught him in my backyard behind my fence and confronted him. To make an already long story short, I was attacked with a leaf blower in my back yard.
I wish I had gone right to the police the first time I tried to talk to him and was cursed out while he was standing on my own property (Trespassing).
Because I am small this "man" thought he could bully me. @FleishyWifey Please let us know how this turned out, we are still concerned.

I hope they notified the police right away, I have been in a situation (Before we had chickens), where the empty lot next door was being mowed by a service (the owner lived out of town).
The man who mowed the lawn didn't like my front garden and the fact that I had jasmine growing on my back fence, so he would hit everything he could reach with a weed wacker and then enter my backyard (thru a gate) and clean up. We tried to handle it by speaking to him, to no avail. Finally I caught him in my backyard behind my fence and confronted him. To make an already long story short, I was attacked with a leaf blower in my back yard.
I wish I had gone right to the police the first time I tried to talk to him and was cursed out while he was standing on my own property (Trespassing).
Because I am small this "man" thought he could bully me. @FleishyWifey Please let us know how this turned out, we are still concerned.
There has been zero contact since. That’s about the only update so far

Get rid of it? The police will fine you and then make you get rid of it for being a nuisance if it keeps barking all the time @4am. Like i said before, this is why laws and HOS get started. Pet or not, if you do not need it for protection or breeding and it stops friction with the neighbor. Talk with the neighbor and stop guessing. He might not know the kids are being KIDS. The rooster might not even be a problem. if it is and you need it for breeding or protection so be it. Being right and being legal does not resolve being rude.
The parents absolutely knew, because when we went over to start putting up more secure fencing, he said “did you see the kids shooting at the chickens, wasn’t it so funny?”

O. That is so not ok, just coming over and shooting at your animals. Even if your rooster was annoying that is absolutely no reason to trespass and injure your animals, even if not physically, like chickens, just living a happy normal day, and them WHAM kids are suddenly shooting them with nerf guns, and just imagine the sad/terrified thoughts going through their little heads, humans have cared for them their whole lives and now some little rotters come and use them as live targets? NO.
And if you find their dad did tell them to come over and terrorize your innocent little birds, then he's a rotter too.
Sorry, I'm really mad.
1599931179280.gif

I would immediately talk to their dad, and if he doesn't do anything about it, or says your rooster is annoying and you should get rid of him, then you should get reinforcements.

Oh and please don't get rid of your rooster, he didn't do anything wrong, and if it's allowed where you live then why should you get rid of him?
Especially considering we got him to fertilize eggs and protect the girls. We’re on almost 2 acres. That’s a lot of space for predators

The parents absolutely knew, because when we went over to start putting up more secure fencing, he said “did you see the kids shooting at the chickens, wasn’t it so funny?”
and you said what to him about it? and yes, 5 and 7 year old with a nerf gun is kind of funny until you tell them you don't think so and stressed birds can be a health problem and it doesn't need to happen again.
instead of putting up fences try tearing down fences. We put a gate in your fence so the neighbors kids could come over. Call the police on my 5 and 7 year old without talking to me and no fence could be big enough. Then again, i'm in the south and we are friendly and neighborly. We are polite and considerate. When you told me that you don't think its cute and it cant happen again. I wound tell my boys, in front of you, that if they go over there again bothering the chicken your going to whip them and when they get home they would get another whipping.

It's trespassing and if they come on your property and opened a closed door breaking and entering. Post signs and put up game cameras, next time it happens press charges.

Confronting the a hole will most likely end up with him doing something stupid like putting antifreeze in the chicken water. Get pictures and press charges. Most likely will still end up with the idiot doing something stupid but if you have records of them attacking you can hit them with even more charges and make it hurt even worse.

and you said what to him about it? and yes, 5 and 7 year old with a nerf gun is kind of funny until you tell them you don't think so and stressed birds can be a health problem and it doesn't need to happen again.
instead of putting up fences try tearing down fences. We put a gate in your fence so the neighbors kids could come over. Call the police on my 5 and 7 year old without talking to me and no fence could be big enough. Then again, i'm in the south and we are friendly and neighborly. We are polite and considerate. When you told me that you don't think its cute and it cant happen again. I wound tell my boys, in front of you, that if they go over there again bothering the chicken your going to whip them and when they get home they would get another whipping.

In a previous post you said give them chicks. Give animals to people who abuse them? And MALE animals when they find roosters annoying and TELL their kids to shoot at them.

OP, this neighbour is clearly very stupid. Talking to them could even result in danger to the chickens.

Now I like the idea of giving the kids some eggs. So I don't mean to be rude at all, I just don't agree with this approach.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom