NEST BOXES

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
I'm looking for new nest box ideas my current best boxes are just 2 car tiers on top of each other but I'm gett new laying lichen in a few weeks so I wont to have a nice nest boxes so if u could give me ideas on where to start that would be great or if u could let me see a pic of ur nest boxes that would also be appreciated

9D21688C-A21B-4871-8B86-9ADC35BAFE5E.jpeg

27544BA8-BEBC-4551-9A85-7082EBC1A090.jpeg

I just had to redo the roost in my coop to prepare for the additional five chickens. So now instead of two tree limbs crisscrossing at pretty much the same level, I have three separate 2 x 3s at three different elevations. Each roost is roughly 12" above the one in front and roughly 14" apart. Do I need some kind of ladder for the ladies to get to and from the perches? I have some pretty big girls and when they came off the old "lower" perch it sounded like a truck ran into the coop. Forgot to mention the first/lowest perch is 17" off the floor.

I just had to redo the roost in my coop to prepare for the additional five chickens. So now instead of two tree limbs crisscrossing at pretty much the same level, I have three separate 2 x 3s at three different elevations. Each roost is roughly 12" above the one in front and roughly 14" apart. Do I need some kind of ladder for the ladies to get to and from the perches? I have some pretty big girls and when they came off the old "lower" perch it sounded like a truck ran into the coop. Forgot to mention the first/lowest perch is 17" off the floor.
Best to start a new thread about your coop and roosts,
instead of hijacking this thread about nests.

Back
Top Bottom