jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
Hi friends!! šŸ„
Iā€™ve seen pics online somewhere of nesting materials woven into bowls; they look like plain, brown Easter baskets without the handlesā€¦ Anyone know where to purchase these or something similar?

All I found are these disposable cardboard platforms that are concave in shape, but they look like a large, heavy-duty paper bowl. Thats not what Iā€™m looking for thoā€¦ Iā€™m wanting the taller bowl/basket that would provide some extra structure and privacy inside the nesting boxes; therefore, making it more ā€œbird nest-likeā€. ā€” If that makes any sense! šŸ¤Ŗ

Our Babies are just now 6mos old and havenā€™t come into Lay yet. Iā€™m aware that itā€™s quite possible they may not Lay until we begin to get longer daylight hours again, but I wanted to be prepared as we havenā€™t had any nesting areas in the Coop thus far.

We have a double nesting box from Harris Farms mounted in the coop. (8 hens) I was thinking the nesting bowls would be more appealing. I do have Straw in there now, Iā€™ve added their favorite smelling herbs and they have ceramic eggs in there too to help give them the ā€œhintā€!

I attached a Coop-cam snapshot. Itā€™s not the best resolution out there; but, you can see OK enough to know what type of nesting boxes Iā€™m using ā€” Any advice out there or Know where the Heck those Nesting Bowls are for purchase? ā€¦ šŸ¤”šŸ¤ØšŸ§

Attachments

• B14BB354-C78D-4C45-A892-B88FB372F09E.jpeg
    B14BB354-C78D-4C45-A892-B88FB372F09E.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 30
Something like this?
View attachment 2920344

They have those on Amazon as 'nest box liners' - they seem quite expensive. I use dishwashing bowls as they are easy to clean if I get a mess (eg a broken egg).
Could you provide a Pic of the specific type of bowls you like to use? ā€” I saw that material too on Amazon and thought the same thing: Expensive, and would likely get destroyed & soiled easily tooā€¦

I use these or maybe a prior version of these. Rubbermaid dishpan. The pictures below are from the Walmart website.
I also use small cat litter trays which work just as well but have a lower lip.
Later I can get a picture for you in the coop if that would help.
1638819793141.png

1638819811072.png

I just fill them with bedding and everyone seems very happy with them.

I use these or maybe a prior version of these. Rubbermaid dishpan. The pictures below are from the Walmart website.
I also use small cat litter trays which work just as well but have a lower lip.
Later I can get a picture for you in the coop if that would help.
View attachment 2920385

View attachment 2920386

I just fill them with bedding and everyone seems very happy with them.
Very cool! - And, yes please!! Iā€™d love a coop pic! Thanks so much ā™„ļøā™„ļø

I think those are coconut coir basket liners for handing baskets (for plants) they come in a whole bunch of sizes and you can usually find them easily at garden supply places or lowes/Home Depot. Or Amazon of course lol

Edit: hereā€™s a link for an example

COSYLAND 2PCS 14 inch Round Coco Liners for Hanging Basket Coconut Fiber Planter Replacement Liner for Garden Flower Pot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CKH2ZLM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_74TCF5QXW5QEWET2BN7A

Last edited:
I think those are coconut coir basket liners for handing baskets (for plants) they come in a whole bunch of sizes and you can usually find them easily at garden supply places or lowes/Home Depot. Or Amazon of course lol

Edit: hereā€™s a link for an example

COSYLAND 2PCS 14 inch Round Coco Liners for Hanging Basket Coconut Fiber Planter Replacement Liner for Garden Flower Pot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CKH2ZLM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_74TCF5QXW5QEWET2BN7A
Holy cow! - You are AMAZING! ā™„ļøā™„ļøā™„ļø
I could Kiss you! šŸ˜»šŸ˜»šŸ˜» Ha!

How funny; just seems so obvious to me nowā€¦ Duh!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ā™„ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøā™„ļø

Back
Top Bottom