Nesting box dividers- vinyl curtains, wood or none

RHChicks

Chirping
6 Years
May 6, 2017
Southern MN
My Coop
My Coop
IMG_4922.JPG IMG_4923.JPG finishing up our external nesting box and trying to figure out if I should put in dividers. Was thinking maybe vinyl curtain dividers like I am doing on the front of the box. We have 9 chicks and built the box to have 4 individual boxes in case we get more chickens. I want to have the dividers removable so there is easy cleaning. If I should have wood ones is there a easy way to make them removable?? Or do I not have any and just the curtains in the front of the box??

Putting dividers in should not make it any harder to clean out, but maybe there is something strange about the way you are building it. You may be overthinking that.

What size is that? What would be the individual nest sizes with dividers? Some people use large nests, you might search on "community nest boxes". Others like the dividers. If you are going to let a broody hen hatch in there the dividers would be a good idea. Other than that, it's probably not that important.

I made it so it could be 4 individual boxes. I am probably overthinking it like you said! Was just trying to see what people used. Also wondered it anyone has used curtains as the dividers in addition to them being on the front. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom