Nesting boxes? where can I get em?

jason_mazzy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
I would rather not build them. Are there any nesting boxes made or around here in the NC area? At least 4-5 across or so. Or is anyone in the area of hickory/charlotte that will amke them for a reasonable price. Hell 3 pieces of plywood will make a nice one, I just don't have any saw horses and/or the time.

Do a search...I know they can be ordered. Google is your friend.
big_smile.png

MILK CRATES work great! You will need 1 crate for every 3 or so hens! How many hens do you have. All you have to do is turn them on there side and put some bedding in there and it is practically free! The best way!

-Nate

Yeah I have a bunch of bus tubs. They work, but now my goat wants to jump in them and push them off the table I made. That is why I was looking for the box type. Probably 6 foot across with 4-5 dividers in it.

If I were in your position I'd go to WalMart and pick up whatever they had that would work; you've had some good suggestions. One of mine is one of their plastic open top bins that has a sort of cutout in the front, low enough for the hen to stroll in with ease; also low enough for my broody and her chicks to get in.

When I need another nest box, I can always find something lying around here that I can use or convert, so I've never actually bought or built them.

Back
Top Bottom