Netflix verses satelite

chilling in muscadine

{ I love being disfunctual }
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
muscadine, al.
I am thinking of turning my dish network satelite off and use netflix through x-box to get our T.V. through the computer.
I know NOTHING on this subject. My satellite bill is $75.00 a month and I just can't pull this off anymore. Our ship is sinking and I'm cutting corners everyway I can. Has anyone out there done this and have some pros and cons or other comments on the subject. Thanks ahead of time.
S@R@

I got rid of my Directv and got Netflix (actually had them both at the same time for a while). I only have streaming now, since we weren't watching the DVD's, and I will NEVER go back to cable or satellite. It is just not worth it. Granted, you can't get news and stuff like that and most things aren't on right away, but it is still better than cable. You can watch exactly what you want, whenever you want. And for $7.99 a month for just streaming, you can't beat it!

We don't have high speed internet in the middle of no where, but we did enjoy steaming in town. We have lived here since May & have only had netflix. I figure saves us $600 or so a yr & honestly we only watch tv when we are stuck in the house. I do miss CNN - foodnetwork & hgtv. But honestly I am doing fine without it & no body around here complains about not having tv.

Honestly if you have good internet (not dial up!) you can watch most things online! Hulu and comcast, as well as many networks put their shows on their website. I currently am really unhappy about netflix recent split streaming/DVD packages and skyrocketing prices on getting both and I canceled my netflix because I like the DVD's mostly and could only stream when my computer is having a good day. I wanted the option of both without getting ripped off. A few weeks after canceling I got an email appologizing about the price jump and then 1 more recently saying 'COME BACK!'. I also dont have cable and the slowest internet known to man! I live just fine though!

I went through the same thing with direct tv a few years back. I dumped direct tv and picked up NetFlix. All I do is stream, and don't miss the DVDs. I haven't looked back and enjoying what I have. Go for it.

Have you called and asked about any " good customer" discounts? We did this with our Directv recently and they knocked $30 off per month!

My sister did call dish to cancel they offered her a $24 basic package I think. She is happy with it, but it is very basic. Doesnt even have CNN! But she is saving $40 a month now

I have thought about changing plans with Dish Network but each plan they have someone here will miss out on a station they like. I just did the math on the Dish network and with the change to Netflix and the difference was $904.00 a year. Its a done deal. Thanks everyone for your answers.
S@R@
This site rocks!

I use satellite TV and I like it...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom