Netherland dwarf kindled today

()relics

horse/dog shrink
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
indiana
I moved her outside 2 weeks ago and right on schedule today she had 5 kits....all good sized none that I would consider peanuts.....That is her personal record; she is a consistent 3-4 kindler...weans at least 2 good sized bunnies...But not this time...Hope she will be able to handle the extra mouths to feed....I bumped up her feed today and increased her hay to as much as she wants...always give her some fresh greens everyday...probably will increase them too...

Any other advice from you fellow dwarf breeders?

pics to follow...maybe.....she is always grouchy for a few days after she kindles...

be careful when bumping up her feed like that. It can cause masititus. You can grandually increase her feed over the next week. But I would wait till about the seventh day before oyu do any big increases. I don't raise dwarfs, but I do cut their feed in half before they kindle. I feed that for a coupl eof days before I start to increase it.

How great is that. I am currently waiting for one of my Netherlands to kindle. It's her first attempt at breeding. Good advice about feed. Something I had learned when I first started but forgot.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom