Neurodivergent chicken keepers

I mean with my adhd I have trouble focusing. I also hyperfixate on things. I have trouble with being very emotional. My brain feels so loud all the time that I can’t think about the things a need too. But It’s cool that you don’t notice it!
I see. I’m not sure if I don’t notice it so much as I don’t understand what the label means. I know it has something to do with socializing, but I am very good at socializing with my chickens so I can’t see how that could possibly be an issue. :p

Interesting thread. I was diagnosed with autism a few years ago after a doctor told me during a regular checkup that I probably had it and sent me for an evaluation. I’m not sure what difference it makes - I don’t understand it fully.:idunno
Autism is quite a massive spectrum! My autism doesn't really affect me either but it does affect some people a lot

Some of the common things I can remember
-difficulty with talking to people/communication/social interactions
-sensory issues
-understanding facial expressions
-difficulty understanding sarcasm
-taking things too literally
-liking routines
- struggling with unexpected things or changes to the routine

There is a lot more 😅

Autism is quite a massive spectrum! My autism doesn't really affect me either but it does affect some people a lot

Some of the common things I can remember
-difficulty with talking to people/communication/social interactions
-sensory issues
-understanding facial expressions
-difficulty understanding sarcasm
-taking things too literally
-liking routines
- struggling with unexpected things or changes to the routine

There is a lot more 😅
I see, thank you for the explanation. I do love my routines. :)

Has anyone here used Acupressure rings? I've been thinking about getting myself some.
Can we get a picture of these please? My DH and also The Kid (grandson we are raising) are both on the spectrum, and the more I read and learn the more I am beginning to suspect/ realize that I probably am too (it explains SOOO much!). Probably why DH and I get along so perfectly together, ha!

DH sometimes uses the tv remote as a fidget and that is so not a good plan! Sometimes he uses a water bottle too - one from the store, and those things are VERY noisy. 😄
My water bottle makes a very nice click when you open/close the lid so sometimes I do sit there opening and closing it 😅

Last edited:
im a ring/jewelry fidgeter + hand wringing, rubbing my thumbs, leg shaking/bouncing, a lot of movement. i also like to keep a small weighted stuffed animal with me

Back
Top Bottom