Nevadans?

I finally got some more pics of the puppies. They are 3 months old now.

This is Apollo and Peaches. Peaches loves to roughhouse but Apollo is pretty laid back and would much rather hang by my side than run with his sisters.

This is Cricket. Another laid back puppy. She loves attention and will hang with me for quite awhile before scampering off to play.

This is Ladybug. She is the most rough and tumble of the group. She was very red/golden haired until just recently. All the lighter pups are starting to get their darker fur in on their backs and tails now.

At first I had the toughest time getting Ladybug to hold still for a photo. This is the look she gave me after being called for the umteenth time. lol She kept thinking I was calling her to play and quickly got annoyed with me when I instead stuck a camera in her face. That is Scarlett to the left and Peaches in the background.

This is Scarlett. She is the lightest colored of the bunch and will probably remain light tan colored on all but her back, top of tail and face. She is the dominant puppy and is very smart so it can be hard to fool her. She loves to run but also loves attention.

I am so surprised at how early their ears are standing up! They do flop this way and that yet (which is terribly entertaining for me but they don't seem to understand why I think it's so funny) but for 3 months old their ears are standing up really well! Scarlett was already sold but the folks that committed to her did not meet my standards. Am I being too picky? These folks worked long hours and they didn't have any other pets to keep her company. I can't stand the idea of an animal being alone for so many hours.
sad.png

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Re: commissioning artwork... Any artist with experience knows there is NO WAY we will EVER get what we deserve out of our artwork, unless we're painting in the Hamptons or our great-great-grandchildren get commission for selling it. (Meaning we're long gone.) That's one of the reasons I only do a couple a year, and don't sweat it. That way, it's all joy, sometimes with a side bonus of a little income.
We'll talk about this the next time you come up then. :)

well, I really got zero organization related stuff done yesterday but it was still a good day. I have been working on the kids' 4 year old scrapbooks. I do it digitally then print out photobooks. I haven't been working on them much and got behind. anyway i made a lot of progress on that. then, jose got off work really early so we had a campfire in the backyard in the afternoon and got to go to church together in the evening. very fun to have some family time on the weekend. it's been awhile. I also spent some quality time with my chickens for a bit in the afternoon. my egg #'s are heading up. they've stepped up their production. I thought I was not going to have enough eggs to sell this week but I might have a dozen or two to sell.

yay for the chicks, aubrey, and for your foster dog! I'm glad that worked out.

the puppies are beautiful, sunny! I don't blame you for being picky about their future homes.

missy, your artwork is gorgeous. I am amazed by people who can paint like that. I have other skills but that is not one of them. I love the soaps I got from you. they are marvelous! My soapmaking supplies arrived yesterday. I need to get the oils locally and get my other supplies together now.

LOL! I think everyone makes that buttermilk-should-taste-fine mistake the first time out tasting it. Oops! Funny thing is.... I actually enjoy the taste of it now. And, yes, SUPERB for baking, especially biscuits.

One thing I've discovered is not all regular white flour is created equal. Down south (as in deep south) they use White Lilly or Martha Whites and -- wow! -- talk about light and fluffy biscuits. Found the same thing when making Navajo fry bread... You cannot beat Bluebird flour for it. Something in the proteins and texture, I think.

- - -
Sunny... CUTE puppies! But, eek!, all the maintenance that goes with them! Having dealt with one greyhound puppy, I was more than glad to exchange my Official Piddle Monitor hat when he finally got the hang of bladder control and where to go.... I cannot imagine a yardful of puppies... Well, actually, I can and it's probably a lot of fun save and except for the occasional landmines.

- - -
Aubrey...
Rescue places are kind of a hit-and-miss situation. Their heart is in the right place, but often the execution of their mission suffers. Been having to deal with the one Mom got hooked up with for her dog. We love Daisy, but she had obviously been abused and it has taken a LONG time to overcome that. But I guess if all dogs were perfect (or their owners) there wouldn't be a need for shelters and agencies..... Bless you for your kind-heartedness in giving a dog a shot at a good home.

- - -
Hope everyone had a Happy T-Day and a successful shopping weekend!

(Our local store was having a buy $30 get a free turkey w/no one per customer deal. Easy to spend $30 at the store, especially with a pantry and freezer. Had a smoked bird for T-day and have another one brining, plus one in the freezer. Would've gotten more, but our freezer is now at that "Where do we cram it?" stage. Sweeeet!)

well, I really got zero organization related stuff done yesterday but it was still a good day. I have been working on the kids' 4 year old scrapbooks. I do it digitally then print out photobooks. I haven't been working on them much and got behind. anyway i made a lot of progress on that. then, jose got off work really early so we had a campfire in the backyard in the afternoon and got to go to church together in the evening. very fun to have some family time on the weekend. it's been awhile. I also spent some quality time with my chickens for a bit in the afternoon. my egg #'s are heading up. they've stepped up their production. I thought I was not going to have enough eggs to sell this week but I might have a dozen or two to sell.

the puppies are beautiful, sunny! I don't blame you for being picky about their future homes.
Thanks Elizabeth! Congrats on the eggs! I'm still getting 2-3 a day but at least it's enough to avoid the dreaded store bought eggs... so far.

LOL! I think everyone makes that buttermilk-should-taste-fine mistake the first time out tasting it. Oops! Funny thing is.... I actually enjoy the taste of it now. And, yes, SUPERB for baking, especially biscuits.

One thing I've discovered is not all regular white flour is created equal. Down south (as in deep south) they use White Lilly or Martha Whites and -- wow! -- talk about light and fluffy biscuits. Found the same thing when making Navajo fry bread... You cannot beat Bluebird flour for it. Something in the proteins and texture, I think.

- - -
Sunny... CUTE puppies! But, eek!, all the maintenance that goes with them! Having dealt with one greyhound puppy, I was more than glad to exchange my Official Piddle Monitor hat when he finally got the hang of bladder control and where to go.... I cannot imagine a yardful of puppies... Well, actually, I can and it's probably a lot of fun save and except for the occasional landmines.

- - -
Hope everyone had a Happy T-Day and a successful shopping weekend!

(Our local store was having a buy $30 get a free turkey w/no one per customer deal. Easy to spend $30 at the store, especially with a pantry and freezer. Had a smoked bird for T-day and have another one brining, plus one in the freezer. Would've gotten more, but our freezer is now at that "Where do we cram it?" stage. Sweeeet!)
Thanks for the tip on flours. I'm always looking for that kind of feedback.

Yes, I'm afraid poop scoop has taken on a whole new meaning. Instead of our normal scoop, which I thought was pretty industrial sized, and a double layered, plastic grocery bag we have switched to a shovel and lined wheelbarrow! They are little poop machines!!!

Our T day was awfully quiet here. No kids or relatives except my Dad of course. I kinda missed the chaos. We tried a smoked turkey too this year and it was delicious but the smoked flavor in the gravy was a tad too much for me. The guys loved it though. If I do a smoked turkey again I'll buy turkey broth for the gravy instead of using the drippings. Sounds like you really scored on the extra turkeys. We need to get an extra freezer so we can do that.

ok so one of my ameracuanas was laying this morning and every time i looked at her or got near her she screeched then i put an egg infront of her and she sat there and stared at it o a couple minutes then i took the egg and left. I came back afew hours later and she had layed the egg, but was still sitting there so i picted her up to check her vent and she farted in my face
sickbyc.gif
why would she lay there for sooo long ?

Back
Top Bottom