Nevadans?

Aw yay sunny!!! Love babies
smile.png

Speaking of babies... Mine are definitely NOT silkie showgirls, hahaha. I have nO idea what they are!
Can anyone tell me what the color pattern on the white/gold one is?
Otherwise the other two look barred!

D518FE82-FE26-465B-B074-F841056F639A-17636-00000AE546DD468A.jpg
Heck if I know but they sure are cute!!!

I have 8 babies now!!! I never expected so many to hatch! Marans are notoriously hard to hatch. hahaha Not this time. :)

Vegaschick I love your splash marans from ke_ben! Really beautiful bird!!!

Last edited:
That's just what I was thinking! How did she keep it a secret with all those chicken folk around?

Let me tell ya all, if I was there then there was no way she could have hid that from us. I know when people are hatching away! I can just feel it in my skin.
ep.gif

you need to give her her nest box on 28 days and ALOT of hay she should start carring hay around in her mouth

and if she took the buck would have sneezed and fell off
what are u hatching?

I have 3 broodies and I have only 4 next boxes
th.gif

Yeah, why does the buck sneeze?
The top one looks like Gregory Peck's offspring.

I see Gregory Peck in all of those babies.
celebrate.gif
Are they black copper marans?

Yeah, are they? huh, huh, huh!

Took pictures of my flock today. Leroy didn't like me taking pictures of everyone or he's a camera hog? Not sure which but he made sure he was watching it all.

Beautiful pictures, Sheryl!

Hey free-ranging city people, what are you all using for your chicken yards to deal with ewwy yucky sticky stink? We have straw right now, but it's a little hard to rake up when it's all icky. But then, we have the chickens running around a large area, anyway, with dogs in the same place. I've started sending Joe out daily to get the dog poos before they get smooshed into the whole mess, and hopefully that will help cleanup.

Wow, Picasso is gorgeous! I really like the DCs and the Dels, too!

Thanks Ron, I agree with you...and thanks for your willingness to help with a map.

I was hoping we could have one map that covered NV and then you could just link to that map. I also want to include breeders from here and nearby states on the map. We are all busy with the holidays right now but after the holiday crunch is over we can start work on it again. This map will be an amazing resource!!!

Also on the list is expanding our recipe page, adding an event page and starting a breeder list (where we will also link the map). I can add you to the folks that are allowed to edit these pages, if you like, since it would be easier for you to add stuff from Southern NV yourself.
lau.gif
I just had a very vivid flashback! Gee I wish that memory weren't quite so clear! Like those horrible dreams you had as a kid, when you showed up at school in your holey pajamas?
hide.gif

I'm fine with just one map too. I have most of the info already on our LV community page. Let me know when you two are ready to roll with it.

So in your nightmares you at least had pajamas on...lucky!
lau.gif

Heck if I know but they sure are cute!!!

I have 8 babies now!!! I never expected so many to hatch! Marans are notoriously hard to hatch. hahaha Not this time. :)

Vegaschick I love your splash marans from ke_ben! Really beautiful bird!!!

Thanks. I was so envious of his splash marans. I've been trying to talk him into letting me have her for ages. I was so sad that only one chick hatched but so excited that I got a splash. She's not very darkly marked so I didn't let myself get too excited. He does have a Blue Andalusian and I thought maybe she was a mix, but she looks Marans, acts Marans, and her eggs are that beautiful dark Marans brown. Yay!!!

Oh my gosh! I was going to post how lucky John is being home when I'm at work. He told me he saw an Owl sitting on one of the posts we use for the wire to corral the chickens in the yard when the garden is planted. Well tonight I got to see the Owl come swooping down and getting a mouse and land on the roof of the chicken coop. John missed it. He came outside and I told him about it. Just then the Owl came back and was sitting on top of one of our torches we have in the yard. I told him to get a picture of it. He did but of course his eyes really glowed but who cares. Here's the picture of this little tiny Owl, it's about 6" to 8" tall. It's a baby Great Horn Owl. I was able to get about 4' away from it and saw the horns.

Just found this little guy online, he's a short eared owl.

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
Are they black copper marans?
Yep!

Let me tell ya all, if I was there then there was no way she could have hid that from us. I know when people are hatching away! I can just feel it in my skin.
ep.gif
lol.png
Nice pics Sheryl. You aren't just kidding about Leroy being a camera hog!

Beautiful pictures, Sheryl!

Hey free-ranging city people, what are you all using for your chicken yards to deal with ewwy yucky sticky stink? We have straw right now, but it's a little hard to rake up when it's all icky. But then, we have the chickens running around a large area, anyway, with dogs in the same place. I've started sending Joe out daily to get the dog poos before they get smooshed into the whole mess, and hopefully that will help cleanup.
Lots of sand or a combo of sand and hay. Straw does not work in town where you have so much clay. It needs to be hay (grass not the premium hay). The straw gets all slimy after awhile. Unfortunately the sand works better if a bunch is put down before it rains. Once it's turned to mud it takes too much sand to be practical. BYC did an article about this a couple of years back. I tried the sand thing after a miserable year of muddy poop and it worked great when we put it out at the end of summer before the rains came. The sand and hay combo did help once it was muddy but it's hard to get control of the mess once it's all churned up.

Thanks Ron, I agree with you...and thanks for your willingness to help with a map.

I'm fine with just one map too. I have most of the info already on our LV community page. Let me know when you two are ready to roll with it.

So in your nightmares you at least had pajamas on...lucky!
lau.gif

Thanks. I was so envious of his splash marans. I've been trying to talk him into letting me have her for ages. I was so sad that only one chick hatched but so excited that I got a splash. She's not very darkly marked so I didn't let myself get too excited. He does have a Blue Andalusian and I thought maybe she was a mix, but she looks Marans, acts Marans, and her eggs are that beautiful dark Marans brown. Yay!!!
Hahahaha!
yuckyuck.gif
Yeah, I guess my psyche couldn't handle the terror of the other common nightmare. Being caught in pajamas was terrifying enough for me!

I think she's gorgeous! She lays a nice dark egg too? Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom