Nevadans?

really cute chicks and what a great hatch rate! the peacocks are beautiful. the kids saw them on top of the coop when we were leaving Saturday. They thought it was cool they were white.

how do i make my broodies STOP I am DONE GETTING BITTEN!

Often, if you give them a sudden change of environment, it will break them. That's what happened with my welsummer when I tried to move her nest so eggs would stop getting broken. The new place had a nest, but was such an upset that she immediately broke the broodiness and didn't sit on a nest again. But then again... it didn't break my australorp, who had been broody for about 3 months before that. I had to give her a couple of adopted babies.

Maybe if you get an area with absolutely no nesting box or straw, and keep them there a few days?

chicks are ALWAYS cuter in my book,not that anyone reads it! lol
lol.png

Oh WOW! Thanks Sunny. They're prettier then I could have even imagined. Thank you very much!
Thank you Sheryl. You are very welcome. :)
really cute chicks and what a great hatch rate! the peacocks are beautiful. the kids saw them on top of the coop when we were leaving Saturday. They thought it was cool they were white.
Thanks. They love roosting on top of the coop. I love looking at them out there. So glad I got the white ones too.
how do i make my broodies STOP I am DONE GETTING BITTEN!
Yeah I've also heard that folks have great luck with the wire cage thing. No straw, bare wire for 3 days. Otherwise you can do a search on the subject. BYC has a lot of threads on this topic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom