Nevadans?

I did, but this is my first time breeding so I wasn't even sure what to look for. I palpated about 10 days ago, and I believe I felt kits, and can't feel them now. (Bigger, taking up all the space? Or I was wrong to begin with.) So this is all pretty new to me.

I've had no internet for 2 and a half days, and there are 4 new posts???? What, do you all have lives or something???

No rabbit babies. She's a day past due. I'm going to watch her tomorrow, and if nothing is new, I'm going to put her in with the buck again.

If the weather is only freezing, I wouldn't worry about their combs. Freezing is nothing. Below 0 is bad, and a lot of trapped humidity in the coop is bad. I've heard that you mostly need to worry about frostbite if you have bad ventilation. On clear days like today, I open the coop door wide to let some new air in. It also encourages the chickens to scratch more (I add new straw to get even more scratching) and toss on some DE to get everything dry and clear. I've also heard that you can apply Vaseline on the large combs, but you pretty much have to do this daily.

I had no problem last year with frostbite, even on Original's large comb. And they were in a much colder and draftier coop than they are in now.

We're having some internet issues right now. I'm surfing a friend's line right now. So if you need to get hold of me and have my number, call or text.

you need to be active in thier breeding she doesnt' need to be with him all day you might have to hold up her tail and set him on top of her to make it effective
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom