Nevadans?

Looking for SQ mille fleur D'uccle chicks, if anyone by any kind of awesome coincidence has them, or knows someone who could sell them to me. If they sell Silkies too, awesome, cause I want one hen. If not, that's OK too. They also need to be sexed. Thanks!
P.S. Will be at Stockton show coming up! If anyone could sell me chicks there.
Thanks again!
~Eggxelent

Looking for SQ mille fleur D'uccle chicks, if anyone by any kind of awesome coincidence has them, or knows someone who could sell them to me. If they sell Silkies too, awesome, cause I want one hen. If not, that's OK too. They also need to be sexed. Thanks!
P.S. Will be at Stockton show coming up! If anyone could sell me chicks there.
Thanks again!
~Eggxelent

get to the sale barn as early as possible the first morning of the show, they will have tons of gorgeous silkies. I got a pretty hen who was missing a toe and a gorgeous showgirl for a bargain

If you could get there Friday afternoon/evening, you could catch the first birds in. Or Saturday morning.
Sadly, I can only arrive, at the earliest, noon. I have ski lessons in the morning. Ugh. Plus takes 2 hours to drive to Stockton, so, wish I could just skip Ski lessons for the day, but Mom probably wouldn't let me. I already missed one lesson.

Okay, so I was just thinking...can you have a hen incubate eggs but then when they are chicks take them away to be raised in a brooder? Or is that not a good thing to do? Also, can you mix guinea pigs and chickens in the same enclosure?
Anyway, just curious, won't be doing any of these things soon.

Sadly, I can only arrive, at the earliest, noon. I have ski lessons in the morning. Ugh. Plus takes 2 hours to drive to Stockton, so, wish I could just skip Ski lessons for the day, but Mom probably wouldn't let me. I already missed one lesson.
I don't think coop-in starts til at least 3 or 4:00 (could be wrong) and people generally coop their show birds in before taking sale birds to their cages.

Okay, so I was just thinking...can you have a hen incubate eggs but then when they are chicks take them away to be raised in a brooder? Or is that not a good thing to do? Also, can you mix guinea pigs and chickens in the same enclosure?
Why would you take them away? The hen goes through quite a bit of stress during her incubation/broody period... to take the chicks away at that point... I can't see the reasoning. I wouldn't do it... for the hen's sake. The babies will be fine if you're concerned about the cold, just have them in a pen that receives no drafts. The mama can keep them warm enough.

You can but honestly it is SOOOOO much easier to have the mm raise them! She teaches them to eat and drink and best part of all? No heat lamps! for me that means i can put the brooder anywhere i want. Seriously consider letting mom raise em...it also makes the transition into the flock a lot easier too because the other birds will recognize Mama and she will teach them that these are her chicks, leave em alone!

Back
Top Bottom