Nevadans?

I put 1Tablespoon per gallon of water. It may just take them a bit to try the mash. Mine never like new foods until one of them gets brave enough to try it.

Okay, so the 1/4t I put in their qt jar should have been fine. Also, I went in to check on them before bed last night and they were going at the mush - pushing each other out of the way to get to it! Haha! :D

Okay, so the 1/4t I put in their qt jar should have been fine. Also, I went in to check on them before bed last night and they were going at the mush - pushing each other out of the way to get to it! Haha! :D

I'm glad to hear they figured it out so quickly. :) Since there's 4Qts = 1 Gal, and 4tsp =1Tbsp you could add up to a teaspoon od ACV and be just fine. I am glad to hear that they're doing well.

Hey NV Thread!! I'm a Northern Nevada BYCer in NW Reno. Just moved here with my wife from Vegas and needless to say, LOVE IT! Since we actually have some space here...and a YARD, we are doing the chicken thing. Just completed our flock as of today 4/3/14 with three adorable babies that will hopefully grow up to be somewhat good layers. There's only two of us at the moment, so a billion eggs isn't the priority. Heren are our girls (hopefully all girls)...

Hey NV Thread!! I'm a Northern Nevada BYCer in NW Reno. Just moved here with my wife from Vegas and needless to say, LOVE IT! Since we actually have some space here...and a YARD, we are doing the chicken thing. Just completed our flock as of today 4/3/14 with three adorable babies that will hopefully grow up to be somewhat good layers. There's only two of us at the moment, so a billion eggs isn't the priority. Heren are our girls (hopefully all girls)...
Good Morning and WELCOME to BYC! Your girls are cuties. I'm a Newbie too. We have (3) 7 week olds - Fluffer-Nutter-bought as an Ameraucana but we think she's a mutt Easter Egger, Goldy a Buff Orp, Nandos a Gold Sexlink then while buying feed at Greens we were suckered into two more so we have (2) 4 week olds - Lucille Ball a Speckled Sussex and lastly Ethel a Plymouth Rock.
They're all still in our bonus creating lots of dust and enjoyment.
We're in Sparks near Shadow Mountain (not supposed to have chickens but we're rebels)
wee.gif
I've fumbled my way through trying different bedding/litter making lots of messing along the way, all while practically living on this website researching chickens. Our girls are growing quickly and we can't wait until our weather cooperates so they can be moved out to their coop.

Please feel free to private message me if you ever want to chat.
Kristen & Family

@RenoChickenNoob
 I forgot to ask...Where did you get your chicks? I've not seen silkies in our area, can't wait to see her full grown :cd

How funny we've got the same names going on with Lucy and Ethel!! Got our silkies from a lady in Lincoln CA. 2 hrs about 30 min off I 80. However, my friend is going to start breeding hers from the same line of show birds, so if you're interested, I can give you that info.

Not sure where shadow mountain is because im not totally familiar with the area yet, but is it because you have an HOA that you are not supposed to have chickens? Be careful, I'm in an all out war with the HOA for my house back in Vegas.but mostly because the president is psycho and has targeted myself and my house. Oh well...good luck, let's stay in touch!

Last edited:
Hi there!! Welcome to the thread and the area!! I am a member of the Northern Nevada Poultry Fanciers Assoc.and we host a poultry swap/sale about once a month at 1 Stop Ranch and Feed one of our sponsors and retail members. The next Swap is April 27 (Sunday) 760 Glendale Ave.Sparks 89431. 9:30-1pm. The 4-H Feathered Friends poultry club will be hosting a bake sale fundraiser as well. It's a lot of fun to come out and meet other poultry people in the area.

Some people will have chicks and adult birds for sale.

1 Stop carries Bar Ale feed which is my favorite feed for my all my birds pets-exhibition-breeders-waterfowl in my opinion best brand around here. Its clean and palatable unlike some feed which is dusty and moldy smelling. You should not feed your birds stale moldy feed it is bad for them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom