Nevadans?

Hello New People and
welcome-byc.gif
This is a great site for n00b chicken owners! When I was new, well, I am pretty much new, so scratch that, I found all the answers to my chicken questions here. People on this thread are very helpful and when I don't know which forum to ask a question on, I ask it here. Sometimes, I ask on here anyway. I'm rambling. Again, welcome to the best chicken website in the world!

Sparks ordinances... has anyone tried to change this? Can you post it? A few years ago we were told chickens were not allowed in Reno but no one could produce anything other than no roosters due to noise nuisance. But hens were ok. So just wondered what the ordinance said. Other than HOAs Sparks could possibly be changed. Just a thought....

Sparks ordinances... has anyone tried to change this? Can you post it? A few years ago we were told chickens were not allowed in Reno but no one could produce anything other than no roosters due to noise nuisance. But hens were ok. So just wondered what the ordinance said. Other than HOAs Sparks could possibly be changed. Just a thought....
Here's an interesting article from the Sparks Tribune (several years ago) http://dailysparkstribune.com/view/...Resident-asks-city-to-allow-backyard-chickens

Municipal Code 20.29, which restricts the keeping of poultry to the city’s two agricultural areas, primarily near Los Altos Parkway and Sparks Boulevard, and pockets of both open and developed land designated with R1-40 zoning, mostly near the northeast corner of McCarran Boulevard.

We're smack dab in the middle of the city's two agricultural areas, but still NOT zoned for poultry. Our neighbors a mile away have a donkey, horse and a bout a dozen chickens (although all summer long we get all their flies, hee hee) but we're around the corner in a "designated neighborhood" (no HOA's but still a tract home type 80's neighborhood) so we'll continue to be rebels and hope by keeping the neighbors supplied in eggs they'll turn a blind eye to our blatant law breaking
celebrate.gif

The newer areas of sparks remind me of Vegas. *shivers* so glad I'm in Reno now.
are you referring to the Wingfield Springs area of Sparks? I've never been to Vegas so I don't know what the area's like
wink.png
I love the area we're in, it's so nice and green. We lived in the North Valleys for 15 years and never knew what green was, hee hee. Now we have woodpeckers, quail, owls, birds galore and I don't miss hearing the coyotes howling all night long like we did out in the Valleys. Neighbors have said they've seen coyotes roaming the streets early in the morning but nothing like the packs that roamed the north valleys.

are you referring to the Wingfield Springs area of Sparks? I've never been to Vegas so I don't know what the area's like ;)  I love the area we're in, it's so nice and green. We lived in the North Valleys for 15 years and never knew what green was, hee hee. Now we have woodpeckers, quail, owls, birds galore and I don't miss hearing the coyotes howling all night long like we did out in the Valleys. Neighbors have said they've seen coyotes roaming the streets early in the morning but nothing like the packs that roamed the north valleys.
I'm so new to reno, I still don't know the names of the areas. I shudder at the thought of Vegas because of all the close quarters tract houses that look alike. I'm sure some folks don't mind, but it's definitely not for me. Newer parts of sparks are fairly similar so I have zero interest. Probably has a lot to do with the whole HOA thing that I'm really sour on at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom