Nevadans?

Thanks Kristen, Yes I have 3 speckled Sussex and 4 black jerseys. I had 4 of each but one of my Sussex was a roo so I gave him to a friend who lives on a ranch and wanted babies! I only want eggs for a start. This is my first time having chickens. I am out in Spanish Springs. We do have a great view! It is a little windy for the girls, am going to move them to a little more sheltered area before winter hits. I didn't realize how that would be hard on them.

Chickee~ :) This is your brahma girl. She's co-parenting with one of my silkies. Happy little mama.

Chickee~
smile.png
This is your brahma girl. She's co-parenting with one of my silkies. Happy little mama.

Awww, that is cute! The Brahmas are such pretty birds. What kind of chicks are those? How are your other chickens doing?

Look how pretty (their color- they're at that awkward stage) my two blue partridge Silkie chicks are. I am pretty sure now that they are out of the blue Silkie pullet I no longer have. Bigger one is a rooster and little one a pullet.

Awww, that is cute! The Brahmas are such pretty birds. What kind of chicks are those? How are your other chickens doing? Look how pretty (their color- they're at that awkward stage) my two blue partridge Silkie chicks are. I am pretty sure now that they are out of the blue Silkie pullet I no longer have. Bigger one is a rooster and little one a pullet.
Wow! They are really pretty! Too bad you don't have that blue silkie anymore! :p All the chicks I got from you are fine. I think the GCM are about to lay. Combs and wattles are coming in. Very pretty and the gold color is amazing. The ameraucanas and OEs are around 14-ish weeks. Pretty girls. The two GCM boys we kept are feisty. They are definitely teenage boys causing a ruckus with all the girls. My roo from Sunny is more interested in courting his sisters than the rest of my girls. Lol They are very happy. Still need to weed out a few ameraucana boys and I think I have two late blooming OE boys in my big coop. Can't wait for those first eggs! Ahhh! The brahma and silkie are just raising EEs and BR. I sold 14 layers and the people want more. I don't have any more of my first flock that we want to part with so I just stuck some chicks under the ever faithful broody ladies. Heehee With those 14 gone...my big coop feels empty.

Back
Top Bottom