Nevadans?

Quote:
Don't get kicked out. I want to go to buy birds but I think I'd have to have money for that.

Haha, well I already got warned by chp that he didn't want to ever see my car again on their freeways, so I hope I don't run into that guy...
hmm.png
I still gotta tell my Hawthorn story, but that will have to be a day when I sit at my computer cuz I can't write that much on my phone, lol.

But yeah, the offer stands!

Hey sunny, can I get some fertile bcm eggs before you give them away?

Quote:
Don't get kicked out. I want to go to buy birds but I think I'd have to have money for that.

Haha, well I already got warned by chp that he didn't want to ever see my car again on their freeways, so I hope I don't run into that guy...
hmm.png
I still gotta tell my Hawthorn story, but that will have to be a day when I sit at my computer cuz I can't write that much on my phone, lol.

But yeah, the offer stands!

Hey sunny, can I get some fertile bcm eggs before you give them away?

I think that if I startve my birds I can get more but i don't think they would be happy.

Been working on the inside of my coop, i'm cutting part of it off with wire so i can introduce my pullets without worry of anything violent happening. I think we will get the inside part finished today, and work on cutting off part of our yard yard for them to go outside, tomorrow.

Quote:
How do you tell by these pics? I've heard of several different methods but not sure about any of them - or if they apply to all the varieties...

Unfortunately, there is no fool-proof "one size fits all" for sexing chickens...unless you happen to have a lab and can run DNA and look for that pesky Y chromosome. (Even the eagle-eyed hatchery sexers misread the nibs about 10% of the time)

That being said, some breeds you can tell at hatching via color (sex links) and some you have to wait for sexing color until they start to feather out (wheaten birds, for example). Some you can tell by the barring on the feathers when those feathers start to come in. The wing feather method is about as reliable as the hatchery chick method....it is not foolproof.

For early predictors, you can also look at leg thickness, comb size (leghorns sprout them big-n-early), comb thickness (as in these EE pics...three pea-pebbles wide on roo v. one on hens), and attitude. Which direction (if there are any) are the tail feathers can be another telling clue. Saddle feathers are pretty much a gimme... at that point you're looking at a boy and it's probably crowing....

It's fun to try to predict, but often times a shy Patty turns into a Patrick.... And even a hen will crow on occasion. Wonky birds.....

So Peep Show are you saying that all 4 look to be roos?

That is my thought... I can always try to get better pictures but it will have to wait til Tuesday afternoon (working, soccer practice, etc...)

Thanks for your input...

Back
Top Bottom