Nevadans?

Quote:
Should have it at the feed stores, no?

Yup, feed stores should have it - spray can or dabber bottle.

Don't mean to be nosey Jeep (ok not too nosey anyway
roll.png
) but what type of critter are you using it on? When my mustang impaled herself on a t-post, she did such a great job at it that I had to have the vet out and stitch it up. Anyway......I asked about using blue cote on the wound - my vet said it really is too drying to use here and tends to do more damage than good.

Quote:

roll.png
) but what type of critter are you using it on? When my mustang impaled herself on a t-post, she did such a great job at it that I had to have the vet out and stitch it up. Anyway......I asked about using blue cote on the wound - my vet said it really is too drying to use here and tends to do more damage than good.

I used Blue Kote on my laying hens once to stop the pecking and I ended up with purple hands and purple clothes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY DAWN!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
love.gif
I had a great birthday so your happy birthday wishes definitely worked!

See you tomorrow Ron! The girls are already gathered up for you (pulling them off the roost when they are all settled in for the night is easiest for me).

Sheryl came and picked hers up tonight. She took one of Genny's OrpxEEs (the one I called Belle), one of the regular EEs (the Quechua looking girl whom Sheryl has named Esther) and my Cuckoo Marans girl Dutchess. Not a whole lot of them left now. The coop is looking half empty. Don't worry Genny your Buff Orps are still here waiting for you but Bertha has gone broody.

BTW Genny, what do we use instead of Blue Kote? I hope your horse is ok now.
sad.png

Good luck with the hatch Aubrey!

I wanna use it on a couple of my hens who got the top of their wing feathers pecked off from that white leghorn i got rid of. I thought when i got rid of that hen the pecking would stop but I think i see something fresh on the wing so i'd like to cover it. Ive never seen blue kote at the feed stores, but then again ive never actually looked. Thanks for all the responses guys!

Quote:

roll.png

Found a free dog kennel and a chicken coop off of craigslist! Coop is 10x3x5 ft and only 100 bucks! That's one bit of stress of my back, yay!!! It's pretty ugly but looks heavy duty and secure. I can always paint it and add a few things here and there. Plus it's gonna need a window or a vent for sure. I'm also hoping it will be alright for transport in the back of my brothers truck. Otherwise I'm sooooo stoked! I was really worried about this coop situation. The dog kennel is awesome too! I can keep the new girls in there until I'm certain my girls are used to them. Yay!

Does anyone here know of a gamble quail breeder really close to Southern Nevada. We Had our first hatch and accidentally drowned the other 11 eggs and only 2 hatched. We would like for them to have some company and we want to start a small flock for meat birds. Thanks everyone. I LOVE THIS FORUM! lol.

Update: ok so we went over what we want and i think we've decided to go with either valley or gamble now to just find a breeder close by lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't answer your question gamblelover but I wanted to say "Welcome to the Nevada thread" anyway.
frow.gif

I've added your name to the opening post.
smile.png

Quote:
I can't answer your question gamblelover but I wanted to say "Welcome to the Nevada thread" anyway.
frow.gif

I've added your name to the opening post.
smile.png

Thanks I've felt so welcome since joining. Everyone is so helpful.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom