Nevadans?

Yes, the horse is doing well - she did this about 3 years ago - silly girl. She is a butt scratcher of the highest order. I have photos, not disturbing to me but do not want to gross anyone out (too much
lol.png
)

I do not use anything on wounds. My birds do not seem to be pickers - part of that might be that they get so much to free range on, but I know not every chicken has that much room. I must say though..............my birds have a LOT of missing feathers right now - Flrpl was fairly rough on the girls, course he was young. Poor abused ladies.

welcome-byc.gif
NV thread gamblelover85 - sorry I know of no one down that-a way either. Congrats on the two who did hatch
ya.gif

eta: Broody Bertha
ya.gif
I have some eggs in the incubator
hide.gif
- and if she stays broody she can have a good grouping of them.
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't answer your question gamblelover but I wanted to say "Welcome to the Nevada thread" anyway.
frow.gif

I've added your name to the opening post.
smile.png

Thanks I've felt so welcome since joining. Everyone is so helpful.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif

I've met a lot of BYCers and they are, almost without exception, all so helpful and friendly! I'll probably hang here forever whether I have chickens or not.
lol.png

Quote:
Yes several of my poor girls are missing feathers for the same reason. An overly amorous cockerel.
roll.png

Good I'm glad you don't mind a broody Orp, though that phrase seems redundant.
tongue.png

Quote:
Sunny: You will always have chickens they are just having a slumber party at my house now but I will always remember these are your girls....
thumbsup.gif

If anyone needs any chickens then you should get them from Sunny because she is a great, fantastic chicken lady
D.gif

To all the newbies on here
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Sunny: You will always have chickens they are just having a slumber party at my house now but I will always remember these are your girls....
thumbsup.gif

If anyone needs any chickens then you should get them from Sunny because she is a great, fantastic chicken lady
D.gif

To all the newbies on here
welcome-byc.gif

X2. You can always come visit them!

Do you have any left now?

Yup, Sunny's girls are farmed out all over NV
big_smile.png

She knows she has a rainbow of orps coming from me when she is ready.
wink.png

Obby has picked up the funniest thing this summer. She spends hours it seems like trying to catch butterflies - those little blue ones we have - they are all over when I water and gather around any moist dirt. I laughed at her for quite a while last night..............sometimes she actually catches one, so it is self rewarding.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
NV thread gamblelover85! DomC might know. He is in Vegas and I know he has Chukar, so he may know where to get other gamebirds, too. PM and/or EMail him.

Great thank you so much i'll send him a message right now lol.
hugs.gif

We tried so hard to keep Sunny's hens separated from my little ones but none of them would hear of it. There's no fighting at all with them either.

91605_dscn1084.jpg

They are acting like they've been together since they were born - I find this a bit strange just how docile they all are.

91605_dscn1078.jpg

Oh and an update on the names now:

Duchess - Monique

Belle - Bella (because we are Italian and she is beautiful)

Orph ee from Ginny - is now Sundae because she's so sweet and Easter falls on a Sunday, my hubby got to name her.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

D.gif

lol.png
Thank you Sheryl!
hugs.gif

Actually Bella is the one I got from Genny, Sundae is a straight EE (well as close as we get to the original Quechua/Easter Egger chickens these days). So glad to hear they are getting along so well! They are probably loving the smaller flock!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Aubrey!
hugs.gif
I have about 12 left but some of the ones left are the poor little picked on girls that are missing their back feathers due to an immature roo/cockerel. They may not grow back for a few months (when the cold weather hits this fall). I also still have the FBCM trio because we couldn't get transportation to Vegas for Brian to take them. I will be posting these and the rest on CL next week.

Quote:
Ahhhh, it's so comforting to know that I will have some of Genny's awesome Orps when we are ready to build our flock again.
love.gif

Quote:
They must be mighty tasty if she's going to all that trouble for such a small morsel! Catch me a few and we'll see how tasty they really are!
lau.gif

Good luck gamblelover!

Hey Ron what time are we meeting this afternoon/evening?

Ooops - Sorry Sunny & Genny, I do get things confused when I'm looking at so many beautiful birds!

And Sundae has now settled in and just gave us a gift about 10 minutes ago:

91605_dscn1091.jpg

If I recall this means she is comfortable here and didn't hold her egg due to stress. Perhaps it was because the ladies had banana's, strawberries and shared a peach today?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom