Nevadans?

Quote:
gig.gif
That's right, that's your home town!

Quote:
Oh no! So sorry about your losses! Oh and thanks but I am holding off for now on getting anything new. We need to get the coop back up. Since Genny decided she didn't want it, and a friend offered to help Steve pull it apart, we are currently in the process of moving it over piece by piece. I do have the two little baby FBCMs and I'm trying to find some more but I'm holding off on everything else for now. I will let you know if I need something later though. Thanks! BTW what are SPPRs?

Why am I still on here? I need to get some sleep!
hmm.png

Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks

Let me know when you're ready and if I'm getting eggs to hatch I'll share

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
That's right, that's your home town!

Quote:
Oh no! So sorry about your losses! Oh and thanks but I am holding off for now on getting anything new. We need to get the coop back up. Since Genny decided she didn't want it, and a friend offered to help Steve pull it apart, we are currently in the process of moving it over piece by piece. I do have the two little baby FBCMs and I'm trying to find some more but I'm holding off on everything else for now. I will let you know if I need something later though. Thanks! BTW what are SPPRs?

Why am I still on here? I need to get some sleep!
hmm.png

Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks

Let me know when you're ready and if I'm getting eggs to hatch I'll share

Thanks Kim!
hugs.gif
BTW I love your new avatar! Makayla is such a Sweetie!!!

Last edited:
Man all the action here is after midnight!
lol.png

Sunny we used to call Costa Mesa Cost-a-Mess-a, as in it cost a mess a bucks to live there!
lol.png
'Course, that was later on; I remember when it was the poor stepchild, too.
wink.png
I think the proposed modifications to your 'bator sound like good ideas! One of these days I want to make one and I'm going to base it on your design.
thumbsup.gif

BTW lacey I'm with wolftracks - keep the Raiders avatar! What's the deal with your avatar, Sunny?
hu.gif
It still looks like an eye to me.
idunno.gif

ETA: Wow, as soon as I posted this and looked at your avatar again it was different! LOL!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh Lacey! You're breaking my heart! Raiders?

Okay. I've got Raiders shirts, keychians, stickers, and a huge amazing Raiders comforter on my bed..you gotta problem with Raiders Sunny?
lol.png

Quote:
Hi Lacey - Yes, to me it's poison and the egg withdrawal is 10 days from the start of giving it to them and it was also one of the reasons why I was trying the garlic & DE method but this was really bad. I've never seen anything like it before and I've had chickens in CA just not here so I'm not sure if it's just regional or something?
idunno.gif
I'm keeping up with the DE though and the garlic. Bella looks great and she actually jumped in the wheelbarrow yesterday which was something she's never done. She keeps hanging out with me too, it's strange to have her so friendly now, I mean she's overly friendly. She still tries to mount a couple of the wyandottes but I figured out it was her way of testing them on their maturity or so it seems. Friday when she approached 2 of them and tried to put her foot on their backs they both squatted and she went on her way, didn't do anything to them. I was very puzzled with that but now I see since the wyandottes are now laying and she' seems to respect them a lot now.
thumbsup.gif
Who knew?
idunno.gif

Oh Sunny - I'm so sorry for your loss of the 2 chicks.
hugs.gif
Hatching eggs seems to be really hard and I know I don't want to try it.

Elizabeth - Very nice front yard, it's looks like it was done professionally.
thumbsup.gif

We went to the Rib Cookoff Friday night and it was really good. We've been going there every year since we moved here!
droolin.gif

Aubrey - I say you never cook for them again too, I mean really the nerve of them!
barnie.gif
Does anyone have manners anymore, at least try it and if you don't like it then you can go get something once you leave but noooooo people are not like that nowadays!

Hey all you peep lovers
frow.gif
have fun with your recipe thread...........I will be trying them, but honestly have none to share - unless I steal some of DH. I am a pretty plain food fixer.
roll.png

Ugh, processing.......yesterday was ok - 5 large fowl down, including the chick killer you and I talked about Sunny. No other chicks have been killed in that pen, so I am fairly sure I got the one who started and ended it (well I ended it
big_smile.png
)

Today I was already, caught the victims......er those with freezer camp invites, got their hot tub all good and warm...............then I wimped out. As I pulled and reinspected the silver laced, I wondered if I was making the wrong picks
barnie.gif
soooooooo
hide.gif
I turned them loose and shut the tub off. Processing is so final and I just want to be sure, sure or mad at them
gig.gif
Besides I told myself, big birds eat more................yes I have a problem
hmm.png

Quote:
Hi kaichai! It's great to have you here! Welcome to the Nevada thread and to BYC!
frow.gif

What kinds of chickens are you starting out with?

Well, right now we have six hens, two are silkie crosses and there are two easter eggers of some sort, a suppsed black austrolorp, and some sort of small mutt. It's been a crazy learning experience, and I apologize for not getting back earlier.

I am renting a house in an HOA here in Reno, and we're not sure if we're allowed to have hens, but we're going with the Reno laws as we can't find the HOA rules anywhere. Which is why we need quieter hens! I think we may have to give up a few, as they're a bit on the louder (and scarier) side of things, but we'll replace those girls with another breed who are quieter. Any suggestions?
If we get caught, we'll give up all our hens, and set up a new coop in the garage for some quieter girls. Either way, we'll still have chickens! It's just a matter of how.

I also breed a rare breed or heritage fur/meat rabbits. I like being self-sufficient, and I want to get Nigerian Dwarf goats, but I think we're pushing it with our flock of chickens. Next house!

What HOA do you live in kaichai? I've written some a few years ago for a housing developement so perhaps it's there?

Gyp went to a new home with some friends of mine who had to give up a rooster they loved. SOOOO I saved her last two eggs and plan on throwing them in the bator...

Quote:
We live in the Lakeridge Shores area. All I know is, I will never buy a house in an HOA and I don't like having neighbors! I miss living in the middle of nowhere Canada at times. We never had to worry about any of this before we moved away.

I think I remember someone asking about rabbit photos? Here are a few of mine:

6080234120_566b9b7f28.jpg

Those are three of my bucks from when I first got them. They're in separate cages now. They're just over 5 months old in this photo.

6080236220_b587a0a087.jpg

This is my doe, and she's 8 weeks in this photo.

ETA - Finally got the photos to work!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom