Nevadans?

Quote:
Aubrey, I love you dear but please trust me on this one. She isn't going to make it for sure, her body is already in the shut down mode now. Her toes are curled and cold which means she does not have the blood flow to them, her feathers are falling off and she isn't steady at all even if she tries to move while sitting. She's only steady if she stays in one spot and does not move. I do not know when this happened because yesterday morning she was up and happy when I left for work, she wasn't when I got home. I've been through death several times now and this is part of it for sure. She was getting extra eggs too, we bought 3 dozen at the store to make sure they had the high protein and I did the buttermilk for the pro-biotics. Bella was eating like a pig too, she was taking big bites until Monday. I have no idea how long she couldn't get to the waterers, her feathers are all over the coop so we cleaned it all out and put sevin & DE everywhere in there. I'm now thinking I should also use oxine in there as well to make sure any fungi is gone if there is any but I doubt there is. I'm now in the place where I must make sure the ladies are okay and to help Bella pass.

hit.gif

Quote:
On man! Lacey I just wrote you a very lengthy post on stock photo sites and their requirements (you know how long that takes someone that types as badly as I do?) but my modem lost the signal and the post is lost!
barnie.gif
I don't have the energy to do it all over again! I will paraphrase instead.

Stock photo sites are extremely picky and they are not looking for just good photos. They have more specific needs. I got my first professional job as a photographer when I was 17 and although it paid the rent it was not a fun job and I am still learning (45 years later) how to take good photos to sell on stock sites as their requirements are so different. So it is impossible to give you all the info you need here. Take a class or get a book (in fact I could use a class on how to use my new digital SLR camera). I recommend a good point and shoot camera first, you can get a lot of fantastic shots with one but you need to learn what folks are looking to buy first then set up your shots differently.

I'm not saying that it takes 40+ years to be good, after all I paid the rent on my limited photography skills at 17, just that things are always changing and the learning process is continual. Each client has different wants and needs. Keep practicing, get yourself a good book (look on-line for reviews) or take a class. It'a a lot of work but can also be fun. Although I find it very easy to procrastinate on this type of work.
tongue.png

In many ways starting early will give you a big advantage. When I was your age I had a ton more energy and could scramble out on ledges etc to get that great shot. I'm afraid these days it's a much less adventurous endeavor for me.
lol.png

I'll give one more piece of advice. Take your camera with you every where you go, just bag it in a tight closing plastic bag if you're afraid it might get dirty or wet, and take pics of everything you see. Leave negative space in your shots (you can crop later) and don't over think it. Lot's of great shots are lost by waiting. With today's cameras who cares if you waste 1000 shots to get that one fantastic shot?

Thanks for the PMs Sheryl! You are doing exactly as you should be doing and no one could expect more!
hugs.gif

Oops just realized more posts snuck in while I was typing again. That last comment wasn't meant as a response to anything said here. Just letting Sheryl know she's doing a good job.
smile.png

Last edited:
I have a little self blue boy I need to find a home for.

I am hoping my girl gets excited about the chicken choice at the Poultry show in November.

Thanks tho.​

Quote:
On man! Lacey I just wrote you a very lengthy post on stock photo sites and their requirements (you know how long that takes someone that types as badly as I do?) but my modem lost the signal and the post is lost!
barnie.gif
I don't have the energy to do it all over again! I will paraphrase instead.

Stock photo sites are extremely picky and they are not looking for just good photos. They have more specific needs. I got my first professional job as a photographer when I was 17 and although it paid the rent it was not a fun job and I am still learning (45 years later) how to take good photos to sell on stock sites as their requirements are so different. So it is impossible to give you all the info you need here. Take a class or get a book (in fact I could use a class on how to use my new digital SLR camera). I recommend a good point and shoot camera first, you can get a lot of fantastic shots with one but you need to learn what folks are looking to buy first then set up your shots differently.

I'm not saying that it takes 40+ years to be good, after all I paid the rent on my limited photography skills at 17, just that things are always changing and the learning process is continual. Each client has different wants and needs. Keep practicing, get yourself a good book (look on-line for reviews) or take a class. It'a a lot of work but can also be fun. Although I find it very easy to procrastinate on this type of work.
tongue.png

In many ways starting early will give you a big advantage. When I was your age I had a ton more energy and could scramble out on ledges etc to get that great shot. I'm afraid these days it's a much less adventurous endeavor for me.
lol.png

I'll give one more piece of advice. Take your camera with you every where you go, just bag it in a tight closing plastic bag if you're afraid it might get dirty or wet, and take pics of everything you see. Leave negative space in your shots (you can crop later) and don't over think it. Lot's of great shots are lost by waiting. With today's cameras who cares if you waste 1000 shots to get that one fantastic shot?

Thanks for the PMs Sheryl! You are doing exactly as you should be doing and no one could expect more!
hugs.gif

Oops just realized more posts snuck in while I was typing again. That last comment wasn't meant as a response to anything said here. Just letting Sheryl know she's doing a good job.
smile.png

Thank you Sunny and also thank you for the encouragement as well! Aubrey - You have a very beautiful heart and I love you too!

Quote:

I am hoping my girl gets excited about the chicken choice at the Poultry show in November.

Thanks tho.

I so hope that they have more to choose from this year than last year! I guess I should try to get there earlier this time.
tongue.png

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this Sheryl but seeing all the posts here reminds me once again how special all the folks on this thread are!!!
bow.gif

Last edited:
Aubrey, youre so sweet. Sheryl, Im sorry. We'll all be here for you.
hugs.gif
Sunny, thank you for the tips. I dont know what I want out of photography yet. I think a career would be cool, but Im not sure. This means even more research.
th.gif
Lol and thank you for typing out a huge reply, even though it got lost. ^^ Just checking in before I head to town.

Quote:
Okay everyone - all I can say is WHOLLY COW! Bella is standing now, her toes are not curled anymore and she's still eating and drinking. I guess God said it wasn't her time. I'm now thinking if I hadn't gotten home when I did last night that she would have died but instead we were able to keep her going. The prolapse is gone - she got it back in and she's cooing again. I'm crying right now just typing this. I gave her more eggs and I'm going to get her her oatmeal and buttermilk in a bit but I had to let everyone know that she actually does have a chance here! I really can't believe what I'm seeing. I'm very thankful I didn't cull her last night like I wanted to, so if all goes well then we should see something very good happening if not then at least I tried as hard as I could.

Aubrey - Thank you for you! I really love your heart and soul in you!

Wish her luck please!

Back
Top Bottom