Nevadans?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SunnyDawn, Oct 7, 2009.

1. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    I'm really hoping you made it Tyler! [​IMG]

I made a group in facebook today for us BYC'ers so if you want to join in then just click this link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/122332831203598/

Hope to see you there.

We just got the rain portion of the storm, no hail in the NW part of Reno.

2. Humbrd

Humbrd Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
    Anyone going to the chicken exchange at Feed World in Reno tomorrow morning? I'll be there with my Welsh Harley's! 9am to 1pm.

3. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    Yes, I'll be there and I want to see those cute little duckys too! [​IMG]

4. Humbrd

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
  5. Humbrd

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
    Quote:They're not so little any more. They are now mostly about 6 months old and many of them are in full feather. Only the males heads have not completely colored in.

6. Humbrd

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
    Quote:We got 30 trees from them a number of years ago. The rabbits ate most of them. The dogs ate the drip system lines. There are only two still living. They are doing well but if I just grow them myself I can do just a few at a time. That way I can more fully care for them. Too hard to protect and irrigate 30 separate trees all at once. Don't know if they've changed they're policies since then, but used to be you had to purchase a minimum of 15 at a time. Still it's a good deal if you have a group of people that can help plant them, like boy scouts doing a service project. [​IMG]

7. Humbrd

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
    Quote:Sorry, no. Palomino Valley near Lake Pyramid.

8. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Quote:We got 30 trees from them a number of years ago. The rabbits ate most of them. The dogs ate the drip system lines. There are only two still living. They are doing well but if I just grow them myself I can do just a few at a time. That way I can more fully care for them. Too hard to protect and irrigate 30 separate trees all at once. Don't know if they've changed they're policies since then, but used to be you had to purchase a minimum of 15 at a time. Still it's a good deal if you have a group of people that can help plant them, like boy scouts doing a service project. [​IMG]

Yeah I had to put chicken wire around all my trees to keep the rabbits from eating them. Also, I buried the drip irrigation - the only part that is above ground is the emitters which are inside the chicken wire, too.

9. Humbrd

Feb 24, 2010
    Palomino Valley
    Ya, thirty cages and digging a ditch to thirty trees on the side of a mountain and in rock is just tooooo much! One or two at a time is about all I can handle.

10. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Quote:Great idea!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by